It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

deb53 HB User
Winter...ughhh, feel bad already!

Well, it looks like it's going to be a bad winter. The temp here is in the 50's and 60's, colder at night, cloudy and some rain. I feel horrible! I always know my fibro is there..I always hurt, but this past week has been worse. Not a flare...but I'm afraid this may be my "winter norm"!! Anyone else hurting worse already? What to do when January gets here??

Deb

Old 10-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User
Re: Winter...ughhh, feel bad already!

HI Deb, I think I'm in the lull before the storm - we have had a fantastic autumn it's been between late 50's and 70 with very little or no rain (better than our summer) and whilst I have some pain (I always have some) I'm feeling pretty good. However rain is due tomorrow for the next week going down to 50 by Monday! I got the last of my winter pansies in pots and hanging baskets, put the lights on in the garden, bought lots of hats, scarves and gloves, heated pads, heated car seats etc etc - I'm as ready as I can be - even started some Christmas shopping so I can avoid the last minute shopping struggle!!! And tomorrow I'm going to buy some lovely flowers for inside the house and some new candles to make things as cheery looking as I can........I HATE the cold and rain it really makes my fibro awful - bring on the sunshine............

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
(female)

fibro-worn HB Userfibro-worn HB User

Hi Deb

I live in Ohio and I hate winter. Always know when it is going to rain and be cold. Today has been a beautiful day like indian summer. So was outside enjoying it because it is suppose to rain and turn cold tonight. Always hurt more and no engery in the winter months. In January i always feel like just never leaving the house and since i don't work anymore that is probably what iwill do. I also bought candles and a lap blanket that you can put in microwave toget ready for winter.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
(female)

Serenity81 HB User

Oh yea.. I'm in SE Michigan. I also have a feeling this is going to be a pretty nasty winter. It's been dreary, rainy and cold here for the past few weeks. We just had a really nice day today - near 70!! But, we know it won't last. My aches in my hands / wrists are getting more persistent. I have a close friend that also has FMS and she's told me before that she feels significantly worse in the winter months. She said she had a doc actually suggest she move to a warmer climate because it was so difficult for her to manage during the winters here!!

Old 10-31-2009, 01:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity81 View Post
Oh yea.. I'm in SE Michigan. I also have a feeling this is going to be a pretty nasty winter. It's been dreary, rainy and cold here for the past few weeks. We just had a really nice day today - near 70!! But, we know it won't last. My aches in my hands / wrists are getting more persistent. I have a close friend that also has FMS and she's told me before that she feels significantly worse in the winter months. She said she had a doc actually suggest she move to a warmer climate because it was so difficult for her to manage during the winters here!!
HI Serenity - I am moving to a warmer climate - I currently live in the UK where the climate is shocking - usually wet and cold all year round! I'm moving to Italy. We have to wait a couple more years as my youngest is 16, but when she goes to uni - our plan is to up and go! We're currently looking for land to buy so we can build our own place with a swimming pool that we can heat over winter with solar panels The difference for me with FMS in the sun and cold is like day and night - currently learning italian - not an easy task!

Old 10-31-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
(female)

Serenity81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesweetlife View Post
HI Serenity - I am moving to a warmer climate - I currently live in the UK where the climate is shocking - usually wet and cold all year round! I'm moving to Italy. We have to wait a couple more years as my youngest is 16, but when she goes to uni - our plan is to up and go! We're currently looking for land to buy so we can build our own place with a swimming pool that we can heat over winter with solar panels The difference for me with FMS in the sun and cold is like day and night - currently learning italian - not an easy task!
Good luck!! Sounds like fun. I spent 2 weeks in France my senior year of high school and LOVED it! I've been trying to talk my husband into vacationing in Europe soon... I may have to give in and go with him to Ireland first, but that's ok because I want to go there, too!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
(female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

I feel terrible with the cold weather too. I would move south if I could, but I have to stay near my daughter's father till she's 18, and she's 3 now. That's a long time to suffer! (That is the only visitation deal we can do). Trick-or-treating was so hard in the cold last night, but I try not to complain. I just dressed in layers. The toughest thing for me is that I feel I am the only one who suffers while everyone around me enjoys the seasonal changes. Having fibro for 10 years now, I can hardly remember what it's like not to feel pain when I go out in the cold or rain. I half expect that others will feel pain too! It makes me feel sad for my daughter who is going to want to play with me in the snow. I didn't jump in leaves with her and we rarely play outside together. I want to make memories for her, but Ohhhhh, it hurts!!

Old 11-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

deb53 HB User

I've done nothing this weekend! It is STILL raining and chilly.... I have the warm bean pack on my neck for the fibro, ice on my back for that pain and covered with blankets!! I'm a sight to behold! I'm so tired of this.....

Deb

Old 11-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

And as I thought - it's started to get colder here and my body has started to hurt more....it's so crazy that the temperature can make such a difference - keep warm and active if you can x

Old 11-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #10
(female)

grammy1 HB User

hey ladies, i have had fibro for 4 yrs., the last 2 have been full force. i am always searching for new ideas to make winter better. i also can feel when rain is coming. i live near charlotte, north carolina. i feel so fortunate to live here. there is no way possibe that i could live where it is bitterly cold and full of snow. usually i do not move from nov. to april. i only go out for dr. appts., and the holidays. this year i hope to be different. i need to stay warm i know but i cant figure out how to do this because clothes are sooooo heavy and i start sweating. i hope someone starts a post on this-what to wear-. my brain is mush today. i still wear sleeveless shirts with a scarf around my neck. isnt that odd.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:34 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Have you tried the sports shops/outdoor shops - you can get clothes with what I think they call a wick in them (something that absorbs the sweat) and it's best to wear lots of layers as the air pockets between the layers keeps the heat in

Closed Thread