It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
(female)

Misha5332 HB User
Acupuncture???

Anybody have any luck or experience with acupuncture? I'm thinking of giving it a go. All input appreciated.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: Acupuncture???

Hope some responses come here.
Sorry i can't say yes i have but i am also wondering about this.
I think there are different forms of accupuncture for Fibromyalgia.

Be Well
BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

My GP does acupuncture - I was really looking forward to it - sadly I felt no different whatsoever after a 6 week course - we're going to give it another in Jan/Feb when I know I will probably be in my worst pain of the year with the cold weather. I'm of the view that giving as many alternative therapies a go as possible is the way to go. I'm having a hot stone massage just before Christmas - bliss. In the spring I'm going to have something called the Bowen Technique - I think it's important to space all these therapies out so you can work out which ones work and which ones don't

Old 12-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hot Stone Massage ? May i ask what does this consist of ?

BeHappy2

Old 12-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

You certainly can.......it's a gentle massage which starts off with heated stones being placed on your back - not massive boulders though - flat stones that warm you through to your core - I had one a long time ago and suddenly remembered how fab it was so am giving myself an early Christmas present!

Old 12-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Misha, I am getting a course of acupuncture right now. I am almost finished. I have to say it does make me feel better. My chiropractor is doing it along with adjustments, they both help. I like the acupuncture, my doc does something called a bladder pattern (not sure it is spelled that way) and it has nothing to do with your bladder. It is suppose to help with energy and (sorry I can't remember what else). My mind shut down when she mentioned energy.....giggle.....I am always needing and wanting more energy.

So did I answer your question, I like acupuncture and I think it helps me.

Glojer

Old 12-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
(female)

Misha5332 HB User

Thanks for all your replies.... I'm going to give it a go... I'll keep you posted...

Old 12-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh the Hot Stone Massage sounds so relaxing.
Thanks for explaining how its done, i had never heard of it.
I very much need one.

BeHappy2

Old 12-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
(female)

SSO44 HB User

I had great success a year ago for about two months, then I moved to another, warmer part of Mexico and have just found an acupuncturist/MD who speaks English and am seeing her for the first time on 1.8.10. She is highly recommended. I would give it a shot if I were you. It helped me sleep, which in turn helped me get some walking in and lead to other good things. I also had acupuncture for a muscle spasm in my back about 6 years ago and the next day the pain was totally gone! I would have been hobbling around for another six weeks if I had not said yes to my doctor when he said he could do acupuncture...a few needles in the groin for 15 minutes and $20 and I was dancing again after not doing so for a year. Good luck!

Last edited by moderator2; 12-18-2009 at 04:19 PM. Reason: posted contact info - please read the posting rules

Old 12-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #10
(female)

SAHMof2 HB User

I did acupuncture about 5 yrs ago and I Really had good results from it. I Really wish that I could afford to do it agian and more often but unfortunetly the only acupunctuist around here are Way to expensive

Old 12-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #11
(female)

Twinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB User

I also have tried acupuncture and loved it. Unfortunately, it was very expensive - about $70 a session and you had to go 2 times a week. Could not afford that very long. It did help with my anxiety and just my sense of well-being. Did it help tons with pain? Not really, but I can say it helped me "deal" better. I go for massage for pain.

MaryAnn

Closed Thread