It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
(female)

Wootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB User
Traumeel

I have multiple drug allergies and so am forced to search for alternatative products to use for the pain that tylenol cannot reach. I am also always looking for unscented products and this is one I have found that is just wonderful. It is a cream and I it use many times daily on different parts of my body. It says its a homeopathic preparation used to relieve muscle pain, injuries and inflammation. I use it anywhere that hurts, and what hurts feels better right away. After getting injections in my neck, spine, back and jaw every week, using it helps the inflammation from the injection sites calm down immediately. With arthritis there can be skin tenderness when the joint is inflammed and that is taken care of too. Granted, it cannot go very deep into the muscle or joint, but massaging it into the sore muscle or joint feels good all by iteslf. Being a cream it helps moisturize the skin too. Anyone I have told about it who tries it raves about it to other people. It has only one drawback - its not cheap. Only health food stores carry it - in Canada anyway. So I thought I would share it with all of my new friends here too.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: Traumeel

Good for you to share this info with the cream, i may give this a try after reading upon this. Is this the same Traumeel that also comes in a pill form?

Be Well
BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
(female)

No time like the present to educate myself. I just googled it, and holy cow, are there ever a lot of products that this company (Heel) has! Yes, it also comes in a pill form. I might look into that myself.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

When i had seen it comes in a pill form, i had thoughts of could this be a good anti inflammatory.

Oh yes, tons of information on this traumeel. Good you brought this up cause i had not heard of this one before and to also be a pill form is unusual, i think.

Live Life Well
BeHappy2

Old 12-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
(female)

I had been looking for a cream for my feet, but all I could get at a drugstore at the time were strongly scented with mint or had aspirin or capsacin in them. So I tried a health food store and found this. A little bit goes a long way so a it lasts quite a long time even using it every day. Now that the pain's evolved and spread so much, maybe the pills would be even more helpful.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

oh yeah that capsacin is way too hot for my skin, it has some kind of HOt peppers in it. My Rheumy recommended that to me, bought it and forget it.
i can not use that.

If you find the Traumeel pill form and try that, keep us posted . This sounds unusual to be in a pill form but it's listed.

i wonder how those detox feet soaks work or help, have not tried that either but have seen it.

Be Well
BeHappy2

Old 12-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
(female)

HOTFLASHIN HB User

Thanks! I'm gonna check this out!!!

Hugs,

Pam

Old 12-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
(female)

Oh yeah, the cream with capsacin - Zostarin, or something like that - I was determined that it was going to work, but I had to buy surgical gloves to be able to rub it on! Its as bad as cutting up jalapenos and don't dare touch your face afterwards.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

They now make the Icy Hot in a form of Roll on bottle and also a stick kinda like deodorant stick like. That's how the Capsacin needs to be made.
Anyone to get that stuff in their eyes would have a major problem.

I stay away from all those Hot types of creams, Burns my skin to fire.
i think that's the last thing a person with fibromyalgia would need but maybe some people can tolerate the hot feeling, although i'm not one of them.

Live Life well
BeHappy2

Closed Thread