It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
(female)

teresacar HB User
Why am i always cold?

Hello to everyonewas diagnosed with fibro about 3 months ago and now that i think about it i have been extremely sensitive to cold weather for about two years now. My hands and feet are always cold, my doctor has checked me for thyroid problems all labs were normal. Other symptoms are muscle, joint pain, fatigued, face rash. Originally my doctor suspected lupus and after lots of test (which some were inconclusive) they r/o lupus. On the weekends i rest a lot if i dont i cannot function. I suffer a lot with the winter, is there anyone out there with similar syptoms?

I would appreciate any response.
Thank you.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User
Re: Why am i always cold?

HI Teresa and welcome to the boards - lots of great help and support from some fab people - one of the things that most of us have in common as part of fibro is a reaction to the cold - in fact I tell everyone I'm allergic to the cold!!!! I keep well wrapped up in winter - have heated pads/wraps/gloves/scarves/hats/plenty of layers etc etc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
(female)

ae2 HB User

Welcome to the boards!! I struggle with the same thing, my feet and hands are always ice cold.. Even in the summer heat my feet are still freezing, I hate it! I am very sensitive to heat and cold, if I am outside in the summer heat for more than 30 min or so I get horrible body aches and joint and hip pain, same thing in the colder weather.. I take my heating pad and wrap my feet and then my hands in it to try to warm them up! I also find that taking a really nice warm bath helps my joints and warms me up, however with having 5 kiddos I cannot seem to find enough time for that..

Hope things improve for you!!

Old 12-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
(female)

teresacar HB User

Thank you thesweetlife for your response. Now that you've mentioned the heated pads i think i will get me some, i hand't thought about that.

God Bless!

Old 12-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
(female)

teresacar HB User

Thank you aewills2 for your response. I too have noticed that taking a very warm bath helps me a lot. Thank God my 3 children are grown now, but they do expect me to cook, husband does help too since i work full time.

Thanks again,
take care.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #6
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

Yea, same here. My hands, especially my fingers are very cold and sometimes sweaty too... people always wonder what causes this but I don't know.. something related to this "disease that doesn't exist"-as they say.. My thighs and stomach however feel hot, sometimes almost to the point that there's a burning sensation..

Old 01-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

OMG - this cold spell here in the UK seems never ending - it's maximum temperature in the day at the moment of 1C which is 33F and at night -8C which is 18F - I had a major flair the other day as I went for a walk without thermal tights on (it didn't look that cold i thought - fool that I was) got some thermal inner liners for my gloves now - fantastic! My next purchase I think is a balaclava if this goes on much longer and then if I put on my shades no part of me is exposed!!!!! I could rob a bank and no one would know!!! LOL x

Closed Thread