It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
(female)

missvicki HB User
fibromyalgia-what does it do to my body and why do i feel so crappy all the time?

fibromyalgia-what does it do to my body and why do i feel so crappy all the time?

Old 12-29-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
(female)

gknee HB User
Re: fibromyalgia-what does it do to my body and why do i feel so crappy all the time?

I feel crappy too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Johna HB User
Re: fibromyalgia-what does it do to my body and why do i feel so crappy all the time?

I feel crappy too but also cranky!

Old 12-30-2009, 01:03 AM   #4
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

I wish I knew what causes this... internet is just full of different theories, and that's not helpful..

Old 12-30-2009, 04:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Fibromyalgia very much makes my whole body feel crappy.
Trying to manage my symptoms has become even more crappy.

Live Life Well
BeHappy2

Old 12-31-2009, 04:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

I saw a commerical, and the woman said her doctor said Fibro is over active nerves.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
(female)

cyles b HB User

Hi sometime i wonder if anybody really knows, but it makes my body feel crappy from head to toe all the time

Old 01-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #8
(female)

fibrogirlz HB User

feel lots of pain in difference area of my body everyday

Last edited by fibrogirlz; 01-08-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #9
(female)

Wootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB User

Ditto all of the above. Your two headed question "what does it do to my body and why do I feel so crappy all of the time" could fill volumes in trying to answer. "What does it do to my body" can't be easily answered because everyone's body reacts differently to fibro. But you "feel crappy all the time" because you have fibro. Google, read, absorb, talk with your medical professionals. Support groups like this one can help you understand and deal with specific symptoms and problems. When you see your doctor, have a list of questions ready to ask, don't depend on your memory. I know mine's not worth relying on anymore.

Good reading and good luck. Try to stay postive.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

fibro tricks your body. it tells you you have immense pain, yet when you look at the part of you that hurts it still looks the same. it tells your mind you are in pain. your mind believes it because it is real. the pain is real. yet it has no origin, no logic, no outward aspects one can look at and say, there it is.
it is invisible to all eyes, yet very real. even you can't see it. nor can i. yet we know it lives with us daily.
why does it do what it does? because it can. simple as that. once accepted and understood pain can lessen, why? because you know what it is so it can't scare you into making it worse. it will thrive on your fears, your worries, your frustrations. do not feed it and perhaps you will find peace with the pain you do have to live with.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 01-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #11
(female)

SAHMof2 HB User

Very well said Bluelakelady! To me it's like i've been beat and even though there is Horrible pain there are no bruises or marks that Show that i've been beat up. Sometimes my upper body hurts soo bad that I feel like 2 people have hold of each arm and they're trying to pull them off. Moving hurts, sitting still hurts, breathing hurts. I wish I knew What causes FM and what it does do to our bodies and maybe i'd be able to stop it.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:28 AM   #12
(female)

julie10 HB Userjulie10 HB Userjulie10 HB User

There are so many symptoms and issues that fibro folks deal with. I think the most difficult one is it is not predictable from day to day, and sometimes, from hour to hour. At least for me, that's a tough one, leading to a fear of making commitments because of not knowing how I will feel.

But, crappy is a good description of how I do feel - alot. Wouldn't it be great if one of those fibro commercials included someone saying, "I just feel crappy most of the time." ??!!!

Last edited by Administrator; 02-02-2010 at 06:25 AM.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #13
(female)

Pooderdog HB User

It makes me feel like crap most the time too. The pain is unrelenting.

The crappy feeling sorta feels like I always have a flu.
A beat up feeling describes some of the pain too. And at times it feels like my lower legs are being crushed.
Have Percocet and Loratab, and also Tramadol but they only take the edge off. They also make me very nauseated. So I can either choose btween nausea or pain.
Just love living each day in a hell on earth. Ain't it great.
B.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-12-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #14
(female)

1deyatatime HB User

I have fibro, and untill my Dr. had me try Adderall I felt the same as you. I know it sounds crazy, but it really helps with pain. Did some research on my own and found out that others w/fibro agree. I still have horrible days sometimes, but not EVERY day. Hope this helps

Last edited by moderator2; 01-12-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 01-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Johna HB User

I have taken adderall XR for several years before being diagnosed with Fibro I was at 30mg daily. I have had to go down to 10mg every other day because I get very very bad headaches if I take it daily. I am on it because I have add.

Closed Thread