It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User
Smile Goals for 2010

Hi all - 2010 is fast approaching - and as always I'm focussing my mind on my goals for the next 12 months - success is always higher when goals are shared - I'd love to know what anyone else is planning on doing as I'm all for borrowing others ideas!!! - so here are mine:-

To drop 51 pounds
To eliminate 90% of processed/refined foods (need to have some as the odd treat!)
To eliminate 90% of dairy products (I will have one cappucino per week and a very small amount of cheese/cream when entertaining)
To eliminate 90% of wheat based products
To eliminate 99% of caffeine (see above)
90% 0f my nutritional intake to come from fruit/veg/nuts/poultry/fish
To exercise cardiovascularly 5 times per week for 45 minutes (to be divided up over the day as my body dictates!)
To stretch for 20 minutes daily (10 in the morning and 10 at night)
To do 50 press ups; 50 sit ups and 50 leg squats daily in whatever frequency my body dictates
To do pilates twice per week
To learn my italian tenses - present; future; passato prossimo; L'imperfecto; trapassato and any other ones my teacher throws into the mix!!
To pass my italian level 3 in listening and writing
To purchase my plot of land in Italy
To treat myself and my body each month to a hot stone massage
To focus specifically each month on one part of my body - January is hands and nails - so making sure I file and polish each week/do my cuticles/oil/handcream and of course a manicure; Feb is feet; March is face etc
To keep researching fibro so I stay on top of it
To do my best - so if I can't for some reason do the above one day not to beat myself and just get up the next day and refocus!!!
And most importantly to have fun and enjoy life!!!!

That will do for starters.............I know there's a lot here but I'm at my best when I have things to focus on - so here's to a fantastic 2010..............

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
(female)

SAHMof2 HB User
Re: Goals for 2010

Mine are:
To find an exercise that I can do without causing myself More pain
Cut out Sugar
Cut out more processed foods. Right now I don't eat that much processed food but still More then i'd like
cut out bad Carbs
Start eatting better and healthier so that I can lose this weight!
Find a Job! lol

Old 12-30-2009, 04:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

My Goal
Don't Worry and Be Happy

other than that my list would be wayyy toooo Long.

Live Life Well
BeHappy2

Old 12-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
(female)

HOTFLASHIN HB User

Good goals all! Good thread to get us focused on the new year with hope!

My Nephew is something of a nutrition/trainer and he has some great input on how to lose weight and get healthier and do it without causing more pain.

I am going to start eating a lot of protein, getting most of my nutrition from protein as a matter of fact, limiting carbs and when eating them, eating them only in the morning or early afternoon at the latest. This includes two protein shakes a day in addition to what I eat.

As far as exercise, he said for now just to do cardio (walking, etc.) 3-5 times per week. I plan to include some weight training as I lose weight and get stronger.

He said that just for women over 45 that this is a good plan because of the way our bodies begin to quickly lose muscle, so we need to rebuild muscle as much as possible and only protein will do that.

So those are my nutrition/exercise goals. I need to lose 60 pounds and would really like to lose 75 pounds, but 60 will do nicely.

My main goal in 2010 is to get healthier, to feel better about myself and not give up on me. I want to live and I want to laugh. I actually really believe that laughter is the best medicine!!!

I want to care about me and others. I have always found fulfillment in reaching out with compassion to those less fortunate than myself, but I learned this year that if I don't care about myself, it is impossible to care about anyone else!

I don't mean to "preach" and I am not projecting my beliefs on anyone else, so please don't take offense, because I do have the right to believe what I believe and to freely express it.

I saw a verse in the Bible this morning that gave me so much hope. It says in part: "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning!" wow, that gave me so much hope for the new year!

Love, blessings and healing to you all!

Hugs,

Pam

Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

to bring smiles to the faces i see by wearing one myself no matter what life may bring and to sing and dance when i am in pain.
peace and healthy ways,
blue

Old 12-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

HI Pam, Thank your nephew for his advice from me please - being over 45 too I will incorporate his suggestions into my plan too - I struggle with doing weights especially on my arms but know I have to build my muscle up despite the pain - so given what he says I'll increase my protein and then gradually add in the weights

Old 12-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
(female)

HOTFLASHIN HB User

I will sweetlife! And I will pass along info as I get it. I've got to get in touch with him and find out what kind of protein powder he recommends. I'm sure none of it tastes good, but it's just a couple of glasses a day, so I think I can hold my nose and do that! LOL!

I was also glad that his suggestions didn't include anything extremely physical right away, because if something makes me hurt, I probably won't do it! But easing into it gradually sounds good to me!

I'll keep you updated!

Hugs,

Pam

Old 12-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I've got some protein powder but it will be different to yours as it's a UK one so can't help you on that one I'm afraid - I haven't used it for ages so need to check it's in date! I add mine to fresh fruit/frozen fruit smoothies so you can't taste it!!!!

Last edited by thesweetlife; 12-30-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Closed Thread