It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2010, 04:09 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User
costochondritus and fibro??

hi again evereybody,just been reading a few posts on where costochondritus seems to be popping up alot. is this a typical thing that goes with fibro??
ive prob mentioned before im having alot of chest probs which can radiate to back,arms,shoulders and arm pits. what sort of pain do u all get with this costochritis???
i also called the hospital today to see about my rheumy app and my doctor hasnt even written the letter......so annoyed that i nearly cried!! im in sooo much pain and i think anyone ill does not want to be waiting about,every day matters and with the nhs waiting times i just cant believe he hasnt done it!!

Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: costochondritus and fibro??

the bones of my ribcage are swollen and sometimes feel broken. does not radiate to shoulder, arms or arm pits. just the front and back of my ribs. it is hard to breath, painful to wear anything. hurts to the touch and forget a bra.
i would consider calling the rheumy, tell them a letter is on it's way from your doc and can you schedule your appt ahead of time so when they get the letter you are already all set. then call the lazy doc and tell him/her they are waiting on you, i have an appt. i have done this and it does work. got the doc a bit angry but told him to deal with it, not my responsibility. do your job dude. he is still one of my docs. no longer a slow learner. giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User

thanks bluelakelady!!! i was straight on the phone to the gp! the secetary said she would find out whats going on and ask him to make sure its done asap but i also asked if she could get him to call me as im getting concerned about my chest pains and palpitations,i just dont feel right and i think hes wrong to just assume its not my heart without checking it out a bit more. he hasnt called back but im fed up walking to the surgery,waiting an hour to be told just to take some pain killers!!! hopefuly he will call back x

Old 01-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
(female)

SAHMof2 HB User

Yep I get it too. I actually went to the Dr with chest pains because we have a family history of wolff-parkinson white syndrome heart problems. but it wasn't my heart at all. I get so much pain in my chest, arms, armpits, back,neck shoulders you name it. my entire upper body. It's So painful.

Closed Thread