It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
(female)

SLPtobe HB User
Anyone have pain mostly in legs??

I have had fibromyalgia for 10 years, and most of my pain is in my legs. Some days it is dull, and some days it feels like someone has thrown a match on them! i can walk the track 2 times, and feel better after that, but that is about it for exercising. Does anyone have this pain and what do they do for it? THANKS!

Old 02-18-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User
Re: Anyone have pain mostly in legs??

Yes the majority of my pain is in my legs and feet. I take 60 mg of Cymbolta which helps the most for me. If I forget even one dose I am in pain the next day. When the pain flares up a hot bath, heating pads and a massage help me the most.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
(female)

samjacks HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLPtobe View Post
I have had fibromyalgia for 10 years, and most of my pain is in my legs. Some days it is dull, and some days it feels like someone has thrown a match on them! i can walk the track 2 times, and feel better after that, but that is about it for exercising. Does anyone have this pain and what do they do for it? THANKS!
I have that kind of pain everyday, I wish I could walk now, I'm using those steel walking sticks now my doc wants to get me to use a walker because my legs won't hold me up anymore but for short periods.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
(female)

samjacks HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjacks View Post
I have that kind of pain everyday, I wish I could walk now, I'm using those steel walking sticks now my doc wants to get me to use a walker because my legs won't hold me up anymore but for short periods.
Will that also help Arthritis and degenrating disc in the hips?

Old 02-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User

Celebrex helps my legs.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
(female)

ditvkg HB User

My worst pain is also in my legs and hips. Most days my legs feel like a deep dull toothache type pain. Some days it feels like even my bones hurt. I take Tramadol, which helps, along with long soaks in a very hot bath and I also sleep with a heating pad which seems to help my muscles relax. I hope you find someting that works for you. Wishing you the best!

Old 03-10-2010, 03:42 AM   #7
(female)

trouble222 HB User

Hi
Have they check you for PMR? I was dx with this a couple years ago and also with fibro. They pmr started with pain in my hip area and traveled to my knees down my legs. They put me on prednisone which I am still on. Thanks to this wonderful pill I have now diabeties. I always thought fibro was a made up disease but as time went on and the doc told me about the symptoms it dawn on me I have had this at least since I was a teenager.
I know what you mean about your legs. Try to explain this to other doctors is the reason you can't do a lot of walking cause your legs will give out without any warning. They don't believe you.
good luck and hang in there.
Anna

Old 03-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

When i was a teenager, my major pain was in my legs, thats why the doc told my mom they were just growing pains. That continued into my 20's and on. I had several tests done on the knees at age 23 and was told they were in bad shape. Now years later, with fibro, yes my legs do hurt, but i also have pain in shoulders, wrists, tender points, my worst pain is the spine and hip/groin area. Just had knee surgery and just starting to get over it, now the other knee and leg are hurting, so yea i do think leg pain is a big part of it.
Jen

Old 03-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Lots of leg pain and also get the burning pains from the waist down. I had the growing pains too.....wink wink! Of course as old as I am, everything was called growing pains.....giggle.....now they call it old age! I have the really tender skin on upper body but the shooting pains and aching and burning pain in lower body.

Glojer

Old 03-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

It's funny they call it "growing pains" because according to some of the research, growth hormone deficiency has been associated with FM. I'd think, so what, I'm grown already, but apparently that growth hormone is still needed.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #11
(female)

starquilt HB User

MOST OF MY PAIN IS IN MY LOWER BACK, HIPS AND LEGS. i RODE HORSES WHEN I WAS YOUNGER AND AT FIRST THEY SAID IT WAS BECAUSE OF THIS THAT I HAVE PAIN. DR. SAID MY TAILBONE AND HIPS GREW CROOKED FROM THE MANY HRS. OF RIDING. THAT DOESN'T ANSWER WHY MY SHOULDERS. ELBOWS AND WRIST,HANDS HURT. NOR THE MIGRAINES. I KEPT LOOKING FOR A DR. WHO WOULD LISTEN AND FINALLY FOUND HIM. DIAGNOSED WITH FIBRO FROM HIM. I HAD A DR. WHO TOLD ME IT WAS IN MY HEAD. I ALSO HAVE JAW AND TEETH PROBLEMS. MANY DRS. SAID I HAD SINUS PROBLEMS. NEW DR. SAYS IT IS LINKED TO THE FIBRO. WHEN I HAVE BAD FLARE UPS WITH MY BACK, HIP, AND LEGS I FEEL AS IF I AM CARRYING WEIGHTS AND THE SHARP PAIN IS ENOUGH TO CRIPPLE ME. RECENTLY MY KNEES HAVE BEEN WEAK. I HAVE BEEN ON VICODAN AND TRAMADOL FOR SEVERAL YEARS. COMBINED WITH FLEXERAL. THE PAIN MEDS. STOPPED WORKING AND WE TRIED SEVERAL DIFFERENT NARCOTICS. NOTHING SEEMED TO HELP. I AM NOW ON FLEXERAL, SAVELLA, AMITRYPTOLINE, AND A LOW DOSE OF SUBOXONE. I FEEL BETTER. NOTHING TAKES THE PAIN COMPLETELY AWAY. I STILL HAVE PLENTY OF BAD DAYS, HOT BATHS AND MY ELECTIC BLANKET ARE COMFORTING. SOME DAYS MY LEGS HURT SO BAD I CAN'T DRIVE. ONE DAY AT A TIME.. GUESS THAT IS ALL WE CAN DO.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #12
(female)

trouble222 HB User

Hi
You have discribed my legs at time and my back. Some times it feels like someone is pulling on the muscles. I have been dx with pmr and firbro. So i guess it could be either one. I get a lot of crap from the doc because I don't do exercise. I try to tell them I don't trust my legs but I guess they don't believe me. You are right one day at a time.
Anna

Old 03-12-2010, 05:12 AM   #13
(female)

starquilt HB User

I had to find the right dr. mine is very good to me. He encourages exercise, but some times I just do good getting the basics done. He knows that if I hurt I'm not going to do much. I am lucky to have him. The cold weather gets to me. Where I live it is ccold a lot. Hopefully he will always be on my side because a lot of drs. I have seen drs. that tell me it is in my head. If they can't see it on an x-ray then it doesn't exist. I stay away from drs. like that, good luck fibro is a rough disease to get respect.

Closed Thread