It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lorjee HB User
Intense Hand Pain from Fibro?

I've had Fibro for about 2 years.

I have tremendous flairs when the weather pressure changes, like when a big snow or rain comes through. Last month I woke to pain all over, particularly in my hands.

This pain was not in my joints, and it moved around my hands every 3-4 hours. For example, while hurting all over, I would have a bruising pain along the thumb muscle leading all the way down to where it connects to my palm. Then I will have pain on the bone on the back of my palm leading up to my index finger. I also have pain on the sides of my fingers BETWEEN the joints. The pain is bi-lateral.

Before last month, I remember avoiding shaking hands with people at church when I had a flair up. This is not the same kind of pain. With this pain I hate to even think about typing or touching the mouse. Could that be it? Do your hands get sore from typing?

Old 02-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
Re: Intense Hand Pain from Fibro?

i have huge problems with my hands and arms. it feels like im losing muscle tone cuz im not as strong....its really hard for me open lids or do anything with my hands but i keep them moving so the dont stiffen up on me. i also wear braces on my hands and that helps some.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
(female)

Wootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB User

It sounds like arthritic pain to me. Even for arthritis pain, I find stretching helps keep that pain under control. Just pull each finger, and massage from base to end. But when the weather's changing, there's not much you can do, except keep the hands warm. The other day I was waiting a long time for my train due to a delay, and my fingers were really painful from the cold even through my fleece gloves. I started just wiggling the fingers around all over the place, and the joints became warmed and the pain eased up.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lorjee HB User

My GP said this is not arthritis. MOM477, I also have trouble opening things like jars and boxes. I had to ask my nephew to open a 12-pack of cans (cardboard) for me. I just couldn't imagine it. It is gradually getting a little better, but it's still there.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

A thought for you...
Dipping your hands into the parafin wax for therapy of your hands.
I have the machine or whatever its called. Can also be used for your feet to be dipped into the wax. The wax feeling is warm not hot, then peel off the warm wax after the dipping. Mine is the older style machine and doc just reminded me to begin using this again. The wax slowly melts to the right temp. to dip not soak your hands and/or feet. Such a soothing feeling.

Be Well
BeHappy2

Old 02-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

You sound like you mabe dealing with what I am.

I do have swelling issues in my hand, the meaty palm part of my hand below the thumb swella, I get horrible pain and it discolors. like a greenish color?? I also have swelling with some fingers as well. My hands have been getting worse. The stiffness is lasting all day now it even hurts to move my fingers at times.

I "THINK" it is arthritic along with the fibromonster. I know I am having bad fibro-fl;are issues so maybe thta is also the culpret. IDK.. But it is getting worse!! It hurts to even put pressuer on the joint of my thumbs.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-23-2010 at 09:43 PM.

Closed Thread