It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
(female)

SLPtobe HB User
Malic Acid and Magnesium

I just thought I should spread the word that people with fibromyalgia NEED magnesium and malic acid every day. Our bodies are low in these and they help with pain..i take 1200 of malic acid and 1000 of magnesium everyday..and it helps with pain so much..i really want to spread the word to take these if you can!! I believe our bodies are craving these because they are low in them..Dr. Teitelbaum's recommendations that we take these!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
(female)

Rolex HB User
Re: Malic Acid and Magnesium

I just bought the book Pain Free 1,2,3 and this is exactly what it says! Also add D-ribose for muscle repair and energy. Google it, I think this is part of the answer!

Just wanted to add malic acid is ingredient in Apple Cider Vinager. Tons of good info and google about the health benefits of ACV!

Last edited by Rolex; 02-21-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
(female)

SLPtobe HB User

I would like to get that book. I have tried the D Ribose and it messed with my blood sugar and I couldn't get off the couch. But Dr. Teitelbaum said it is so good for fibromyalgia!!

Old 02-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
(female)

Fibrogirl37 HB User

I just tried Magnesium today, but only 400 mg because I am taking it in combination with Calcium and Zinc. I read on some other website that Magnesium was really good for people with fibro. Do you know or does it say in the book how long it takes to start working? Thanks.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I have been taking Magnesium for a long time, one of the vitamins I learned from Dr. Tietelbaum. I however take Malic Acid as magnesium malate, combined 1200mgs. I cannot take straight magnesium, like many others straight magnesium causes diarrhea for me. It is a great help though, so don't give up on it.

Last edited by Glojer; 02-22-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:26 AM   #6
(female)

Tzu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glojer View Post
I have been taking Magnesium for a long time, one of the vitamins I learned from Dr. Tietelbaum. I however take Malic Acid as magnesium malate, combined 1200mgs. I cannot take straight magnesium, like many others straight magnesium causes diarrhea for me. It is a great help though, so don't give up on it.
How interesting! I have fibro and recently my arms just ache (seems to radiate up and down my arms from the my elbows. I decided that maybe I need to take calcium & magnesium. I started a week or so ago and the results were almost immediate. Within a few days no more aching.. in my arms anyway. But now u mention the diarrea.. I'm sure it's giving me that. I suffer with chronic diarrea depending on what I eat .. have to be very careful. But today I ate nthing that should trigger sever diarrea yet I have had this today. So I'm thinking now maybe as u say, it's the magnesium?? Do u know whether straight calcium would give me the pain relief without the diarrea? And is malic acid safetotakelomng term?

Old 03-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
(female)

mcbeth54 HB User

About 2 weeks ago, I started taking 1000 mg of Magnesium every evening. I would like to know how long it takes to get into your system and start to help. Today my thihgs are burning and hurting much worse than usual. I would welcome diarrhea though. Having been a person that went every day to now being a someone that goes "maybe" once a wek, diarrhea would be a relief....in more ways than one!

Also what kind of Magnesium does every one take. I bought my 500 mg pills at GNC

Old 03-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User

I take a brand called natural vitality...and the magnesium one is natural calm..you put two teaspoons in a cup..and 1/4 cup warm/hot water and stir to dissolve it.,which it does completely as you wouldn't know it is in there!..takes less than a minute...then pour it in a full cup of regular/bottled water that you would normally drink..it's a lemony/citrus flavor...

For me..it works a thousand times better than a pill form...and not having to swallow another pill is great...

it works to help with muscle pain as well as bowel movements...

But yes...for those who are already prone to diarrhea...just like Milk of Magnesia (which is magnesium)..it's used to help things along so you might have to find a different dosage

Haven't really heard that calcium will help with muscles..it's mostly for keeping your bones strong...

Vitamin D3 is also a crucial supplement to take as more than 92% of the population is deficient in this. The benefits are too numerous to post on this one..

I don't think that most FM pain can only be helped by magnesium since it's such an intense pain..it's just one more helpful tool with all other modalities....light exercise, yoga, stretching, cognitive behavior, seeing a therapist, medicines like Cymbalta/Lyrica, aqua therapy, massage, acupuncture, etc...

Last edited by Ilovemycutedog; 03-04-2010 at 03:25 PM.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #9
(female)

mcbeth54 HB User

I take a brand called natural vitality...and the magnesium one is natural calm.. QUOTE]

Can you buy Natural Calm at Walgreens or Wal-Mart ?

thanks for the information

Last edited by Administrator; 05-31-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User

I bought mine at a Whole Foods store that sells organic/natural foods...but I'm sure you can get it online if you just do a search for Natural Vitality products...Natural Calm is the bottle with magnesium since I think they sell other stuff too..

(Hope it ok to post those names..again..not trying to sell stuff..just suggestions

And hope that no one makes the dorky mistake I did and very first time used 2 Tablespoons...(thank goodness I read the back more closely before I finished the glass!) when it says 2 TEASPOONS...big difference...HAHAHA....

Last edited by Ilovemycutedog; 03-04-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

tzu, sorry I didn't get back to this thread. The Malic Acid as magnesium would be good for you to try, I get mine from puritans pride. Calcium will not work as great alone, but it is certainly worth the try. I take calcium at night, it is also from puritans pride called Cal-Mag 1000 I take 2 right before bedtime. It is also best to take it at night if you take thyroid meds in the morning. Try the Malic Acid as Magnesium, I think you will find it works much better than the straight magnesium.

Glojer

Old 03-05-2010, 05:35 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

how much is the calm magnesium at Whole Foods? I paid $45 for it at GNC and then found it online for half that, but with $10 shipping.

And p.s., on the ambien, I just went to sleep in two seconds, none of the wandering. A lot of snoring by my husband's account

Last edited by Administrator; 05-31-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:42 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

B,
It was 22.49 at Whole Foods for a large container..

I'm more of a 'drooler' than a snorer...HAHAHAHA

Old 03-05-2010, 06:53 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Thanks. $22 is by far the best price I've seen. Appreciate it!

Last edited by Administrator; 05-31-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Closed Thread