It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
(female)

mo449 HB User
how can i treatment the fibromealgea

My sister does not if she has a fibromyalgia, but the doctors are not sure, I want to know the syntoms? which is the treatment? and Is there an intitution in mexico d.f? I am worry, we do not what can I do. What are yours advice?

Old 02-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User
Re: how can i treatment the fibromealgea

Mo449, if the pain is everywhere and accompanied with a lot of fatigue, then getting some supplements can help -- water soluble magnesium is most important, also fish oil, folic acid, multi vitamins. If the pain is flaring up in just one area, then a massage therapist trained in trigger point therapy can usually help that one area. The pain can come as a flare up in just one area, a pain that is so bad you feel that part of your body must have cancer or something. Or it can feel like someone has poured cement in your body and your entire body fills up with pain (wind hurts, covers hurt, can't hold things, everything hurts) and that all-over pain usually comes with a lot of fatigue. There are medicines that can help, like Lyrica, but they come with a lot of side effects.

My best advice to you would to be to figure out what kind of pain -- in one area or all over. Find water soluble magnesium (like natural calm) and order it for your sister and get her on some of the supplements listed at the top of this FM site. Find a good physical or massage therapist that understands trigger point therapy and get your sister there if the pain is one area. Best wishes to your sister.

Last edited by baserockermom; 02-27-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Mo449, amitriptyline and flexiril are inexpensive medicines that have been used with fibromyalgia patients as well. Lyrica is a great drug -- it's more expensive and has some side effects (for me, constipation so serious it was dangerous), but it treats the myriad of symptoms better than anything I've used. So aside from supplements and massage therapy, there are drugs that help.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
(female)

teeha HB Userteeha HB User

The symptoms I experienced with the Fibro is sever muscle pain, my skin hurt, I had hair loss, major fatigue, and short term memory problems, aniexty, and migraines. For me what has worked so far is Cymbalta. Many have said they cant take it due to the side effects, but I have been blessed with no side effects. Please take time and read the sticky post about symptoms of this so that you have a better understanding of them. What works for one person may not work for another, but there are several things that one can take to help with this.
Teeha

Old 03-01-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
(male)

randallgravett HB User

The best advice I can tell you is take herbal supplements that might help with the pains like Fibromya. And try to get a second opinion on your symptoms. I hope you get well soon.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

bdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB Userbdrunner79 HB User

You really should consider systemic enzyme treatment. Dr. William Wong, a Texas naturopath, has developed his own brand, after years of research with vitalzym. He made his own called zymessence. I'm not a doctor and cannot offer medical advice, but I suggest anyone research these topics.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Does anyone here realize that Mo449 is asking about help in Mexico and that her writing in english is not as good as ours. No offense Mo449 please correct me if I am wrong. Does anyone here know where she can get help in Mexico for her sister who is having Fibro symptoms. And maybe someone who can speak her language. All of the words and organic means you are throwing at her she will have to look up just to find out what some of them are. Like me and I speak good english.
Love and low pain to all,
Cat ;0)

Closed Thread