It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
(female)

mindy1974 HB User
please remind me how to "hang in there!"

Hello all. Ok im having one of those weeks where I desperately need another person with fibro to remind me “this will pass”. This flare stared a week ago with the cold front that moved in. so I know you all know what im dealing with so I will sum it up to “its like having the flu all day and night”. And of course being sick and in pain has flared my depression so now I’m sick, and very hopeless. I have been here before, I know it gets better but when I’m in the middle of it I just cant think straight. And the worst thing I can do is try to get support from people who don’t know chronic pain. Please remind me that this passes, and that I will laugh in the sun again, and will be able to keep my food down, and I will want to live.
Thanks I really need you all today…

Old 02-24-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: please remind me how to "hang in there!"

it will pass, the sun will return, spring will arrive, and you will be there smiling. as the flowers grow anew, so will you. look outside. deep within the ground is new life just waiting to rise to the coming sun. you are like that bit of life. wait gently, for your time will come to shine and laugh.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

This too shall pass...think of a time when you felt really well and be confident that it will happen again.

Pam

Old 02-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

I hope it will pass more quickly for you. I finally feel "better" after being in a bad flare up for almost 3 weeks. This WILL pass!!!! What helps me is getting myself involved in something I truly love cuz then it helps to get my mind off whats going on with my body. It helps atleast some.

(((((gentlegugs)))))))

Old 02-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

For the first time since November it's been a little bit warmer here in the UK - and I saw some crocuses coming through - real ones not pretend ones - and even though it's not t shirt weather (not by a long way!) I felt warmer and had a spring in my step - so IT WILL be your turn soon xxx

Old 02-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
(female)

mindy1974 HB User

Hay i guess i'm not alone! thank you all for the quick response, it helps me so very much. i know we all get good at just pulling ourself up by our boot straps and getting through the day-- but today i wanted to scream "im sick, afraid, and need help!". i guess thats what i did with you all today, thanks for hearing my scream. if you saw me on the streets you would never guess that i can hardly keep my food down and my skin is on fire,i need to remember that people around me have there own privet hell also, it might not be physical, but it might feel just as hellish.
the other place i need to not let my mind go is "no one will ever want me because of my illness, all friends will leave, no man will stay around for long..."
its true no man has stayed around but i do have friend who love me and maybe that man is around the corner....

Old 02-25-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

men may come and men may go, but friends last thru the hardest of times. people who value you as a human will not be put off by your health. people who use you will. its fairly easy to know who is who.
peace,
blue
ps. personally i decided to leave men out of my intimate life. its just too much work and i am too old to work so hard for so little. i had my turn and i am content.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #8
(female)

mindy1974 HB User

the friendship importance is very true. im 35 and have no family, although my mom and dad are alive my mother is severy mentally ill, and my father is living another life somewhere totally out of contact. so i have tried very hard to create a family out of friends, but i do want to experience a marriage some day, i would love to have that chance. to be quite honest i know my "picker" is broken and i do pick men who leave when i'm not able to be super upbeat fabulous derlinda. and that is my fault. if i would let men see what i live with everyday then i think i could cut through allot of the BS that i end up putting up with. mayo clinic did a interesting study on fibro and lupus woman and found that many had suffered great abandonment and neglect as a child, they found a link to that and lupus like issues. when im in a flare i do have that desire to call a parent and say "i feel sick and lost". but i have been blessed with some great woman and one man who i can do that with and they say the sorta things i think a mentally healthy parent might say, and those words get me out of bed, they help me push through my day. although i am am good about diet and excersise , the best treatment when im in much physical pain is a loving friend on the phone or a long gentle hug. and when i feel safe enough to let my guard down and cry with a confidante its like a shot of pain relief.
so today i feel better then yesterday. alll your words are so comforting....

Old 02-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

my picker only attracts compost. if i could take back time, which we all know cannot happen, i never would have married. divorce is horrid. again due to my taste for compost.
ah, faking health. did that. like you i found, that don't work!!!! so being alone is best for me. i hope one day a magic man walks into your life and you get your dreams.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 02-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

derlinda, I hope for you that every day will be a little bit better than the last, and you will wake up to new joys every morning. Never lose hope for that special love to enter your life. My mother was like blue says a compost picker....giggle....a wonderful mother but awful taste in men. My daughter is so very much like my mom (my mom died at 45yrs old, my daughter never knew her) and picked a real loser the first marriage. I told her not to try so hard and to let nature, the universe and God make it all come together. She has found a very nice man and is very happy right now and they are enjoying their dating status right now. She says she didn't know it was suppose to be this good, because she always picked the losers. Hang in there derlinda fibro flares subside and love can be in the most unlikely places.

Glojer

Closed Thread