It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
(female)

mp70 HB User
I have another fibro question

Please be patient with me... I know no one with fibro and have a lot of what I consider weird things!

I have both fibro and lupus. I feel like garbage a lot and tired, but sometimes its a LOT more than tired as in I MUST sleep. No matter where I am I MUST sleep. Sometimes it is just for a few minutes but I feel like I almost pass out. I stopped driving due to it. Ive told my Dr but nothing was addressed. Do any of you have this? What is it?

Old 02-25-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: I have another fibro question

Mp70, again, I hope you will reseach the older posts on "driving" and put in "sleep attacks". there are several threads that address this problem. I was having them daily for a long time when I was about 1 year diagnosed. I went almost two years that I would not drive. The first time it happened, I was out for an appointment and just happened to stop by a friend's house and asked if I could just lie down for a few minutes as I just felt I could not make it home. I woke up some 6 hours later, confused and dazed. I even fell asleep while having a coffee get together with friends' in their midst during a social visit and even in the middle of a meal. I had absolutely no control over my body. That lasted almost two years and a dozen or so med changes until I felt I could control the situation once more. I have been troubled lately as I am seeing the re-emergence of this difficulty lately. It has only happened a few times, but it scares the heck out of you to wake up and not know if it is day or night. I drive only when absolutely necessary now. I make my trips short, no more than 30 minutes away from home and arrange them in early morning when I seem to be freshest. I tend to slowly dwindle down energy wise as the day progresses and unfortunately I am having to nap in the afternoon just about every day as I have trouble sleeping and that just compounds my problem. So in a nutshell, you are not alone. I do hope you will read the other threads. I know how comforting it is for me to know I am not alone in this .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2010, 06:16 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

mp70. I hope that is not how fast you drive, if so you better change it to mp45.LOL. Yes I have the same thing happen to me. It is not just that I feel mentally tiered but can keep pushing myself. It is more a physical and mental exhaustion and I must lie down. I start my day at 5:00 am to get by daughter up for school, than my son at 7:00 and get him to the bus by 7:45. After all that I am usually wiped and need my first 1hr nap.Than I get up do some things around the house pick my daughter up from the bus at 2:00 and go home and take my second nap to help me get through the rest of my evening of picking up my son, doing homework, cooking (or ordering out in most cases) etc. etc,
My driving is kept to a minimum. Local stuff only. I agree with goldyfm, you should definitely take the time to read through the older posts so you get a good idea of what to expect. Everyone here is very helpful.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Don't apologize for asking questions. This is the place for that. Since you have both Fibro and Lupus, it may create more fatigue. Fatigue is one of my biggest complaints and was even before any pain set in and I was diagnosed with Fibro. I may have CFS in addition to Fibro. I would ask your doctor further about the fatigue. I also have thyroid which can cause fatigue. I take adderall to help with the fatigue and I just started on Savella, and that seems to be helping some also.

Closed Thread