It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
(female)

teeha HB Userteeha HB User
New to this Board

HI everyone!
New to this section of the boards. Fibro is only one of many things I have wrong with me. I have been taking Cymbalta now for around 5 months I think. I am on the strongest doseage there is and it has stopped working for me. I have been researching treatments, and have found 2 that may work. Wondering what some of you take for the pain associsted with Fibro. I am calling to make appt with my doc. Hope to get in On Mon to see him about this. If I can get the pain under control I am going to have to start applying for full disability. Although at this point in my life that does not sound bad. I could use a nice long vacation from the responsibility of working outside the home. Always wanted to be "Just a Housewife"!
Anyways any suggestions that I can bring to the doctors table would be appreciated.

Teeha

Old 02-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User
Re: New to this Board

I take Lyrica with Savella for pain. I am tapering off of the Cymbalta as I just started the Savella. The Cymbalta made me sleepy whereas the Savella gives me energy. I take Vicodin for breakthrough pain when needed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Teeha, welcome! Best thing I know for FM pain is trigger point massage therapy and supplements. You can spend decades with all manner of medicines, but for FM pain, I've found massage therapy and magnesium (water soluble, natural calm) to be the best. Because of the cost, I probably don't see a massage therapist more than once a year, but that once almost always produces better results than gobs of doctor visits, tests, and medicines. Best wishes to you!

Old 02-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Teeha, work diligently on that disability. FM comes out of nowhere and hits. People do it all the time, but it is quite difficult to be a consistent worker with this garbage.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
(female)

teeha HB Userteeha HB User

Well thank you everyone. I think I will speak to him about the Savella, and possibly some of the Tricyclic anitdepressants such as amitripthyline. Also goint to start talking to him about full disbility. As I said this is just one of many medcial issues I have which will help with this. Also going to call my Insurance co and see if they will cover the trigger point massage therapy for this. I guess the hardest part for me is accepting that I have dibilitating diseases now, and that I have to stop forcing myself to keep going at the same pace I have been doing since I was 19.
How often does everyone experience these breakthrough pain episodes? Does everyone even experience this?

Teeha

Closed Thread