It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Severe pain & black mold questions

I had the most horrible day. Since last night, a muscle in my neck and one near my ear (jaw) flared up and it was so bad, I could have shot myself or took a handleful of sleeping pills and say heck with it, but I didn't. I took Ibuprofen and migrane pills, didn't phase it. Tried massaging it, that didn't work. Used ice several times, hardly worked. And then I took 2 Aleve tonite and finally got some relief but I'm still hurting somewhat and I don't want to go through this again. What do you do when it's so bad, you can't hardly take it? Is there anything you can get that works without taking that much pain medication.

Do you all know anything about black mold? I had been redoing my living room for the past few days and found a spot in the corner cause my bathtub needs replaced & is leaking water through to the living room, and it's so bad, it's growing some kind of fungus, looks like a mushroom, in several places, and is spreading from the floor to the wallpaper, and while taking a strip off the floor from where the carpet was, I got it all over my hands, the mold is black, smells really musty. Can it hurt you touching it? If it can, what kind of symptoms would it cause & when would you know if it made you sick?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
(female)

Twinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB User
Re: Severe pain & black mold questions

I get that same pain and its god awful. Try maybe next time alternating heat and ice. If mine gets that bad, I go for massage therapy - expensive, but sometimes I have to go. I don't and won't take narcotic pain meds, so massage is it for me.

And, I think if you call your township, they can lead you in the right direction about having that mold tested. Mold in your home is not good - some I believe are harmless and some really, really bad.

MaryAnn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Neveragain, the pain you described can be linked to trigger points, three messeter trigger points from what you describe that refer pain to the ear and jaw. Just do a search. You can usually access the TP therapy workbook pages online and learn how to work the area yourself, though a trained person can do wonders in just one trip.

From what I know of black mold, if you can, get someone else in there to clean it up. Lots of clorox is how I work on it at my mother-in-law's house, but kiddo, you are not well enough to be adding to your odds. Let someone else do it if at all possible.

Take care.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I have fibromyalgia, guess I didn't realize it could hurt so bad. I'll try that for the trigger points (thanks).

Old 02-28-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Hope youre feeling better soon. On the black mold, yes some are harmful, some not so much but i think any kind of mold is bad for us. Dont want to scare you, since it does sound like trigger/tender points to me as well, but my next door neighbor ended up getting so very sick with mold problems. His was the really bad kind of mold, it ended up in his brain, made him very sick, but hes fine now. When we heard, we checked for mold and found some at our home, called in the insurance company and we paid for a seperate test for the type of mold we had. We didnt have the same mold as his. They had to redo most of of the inside of his house. We had it in the same place as you, the bathroom, and behind the bathroom wall, due to some leaking as well. But do try the ice/heat or massage advice given above, i know ive had those types of pain and oh wow, yes, its almost undescribable pain. Usually comes from the trigger/tender points in the area.
Jen

Old 02-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Neveragain, the pain of fibromyalgia has a lot to do with trigger points--for some reason there are those of us who get tension/pain at those points. From what I've experienced, there are two types of pain associated with fm. One feels likes someone poured pain cement inside me and it just sets up everywhere and I hurt everywhere and even clothes, wind, or covers hurt. That pain usually comes with relentless fatigue. Most of the time overdoing it gets me to that pain or lack of sleep. The severe pain in one area is different. It hits and it feels like I must have cancer or something. It hits and it's practically all I can feel and yeah a gun to the head gets to be more than a joke on those occasions. For that severe pain in one area, I've found it is almost always linked to some trigger point. The therapist will push on the point that refers pain to the area that hurts. She works in cycles, just pushing harder and harder. It hurts to tears. But she pushes further and then just holds the deep push for awhile, until blood rushes that area. For a day or two I feel like all I did was make it worse. But after the third day, that unrelenting, severe pain almost always starts receding and within a couple of weeks I'm amazed I could ever think of a gun to the head as anything other than a joke. I've lived with horrific pain sites like that, got gobs of tests, got two surgeries, and still lived with it--all total for a year and a quarter on the last site of pain, only to find that after one visit to a skill therapists, I was out of it within a couple of weeks -- to my utter amazement and frustration over the surgeries. Take care and get some help!

Old 02-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

The pain is so much better today. I just finished with physical therapy very recently because of my back muscles. Where he pressed in on the pain areas, trying to relieve the constriction, really helped. I loved PT. I would live there daylight to dark if I could. It was very helpful. My insurance isn't going to pay for that continuously though. That's why I had to stop going.

I know the feeling I must have cancer or something. For me, it's more so the fatigue I deal with and it gets so bad, sometimes I think I have to be dying.

My mom said she knows someone in the hospital right now dying of cancer and it was due to black mold. I don't need black mold to mess with my brain, I have Fibro. Seriously, I get amnesia like and maybe it's my ADD, who knows, but I can't concentrate and focus good. Recently, I walked right into some people, I couldn't even focus enough to see them. Sometimes I can't drive because it gets really dangerous.

Will the bleach kill the musty smell? I used mean green mold disinfectant and it didn't help.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:40 AM   #8
(female)

Twinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
The pain is so much better today. I just finished with physical therapy very recently because of my back muscles. Where he pressed in on the pain areas, trying to relieve the constriction, really helped. I loved PT. I would live there daylight to dark if I could. It was very helpful. My insurance isn't going to pay for that continuously though. That's why I had to stop going.

I know the feeling I must have cancer or something. For me, it's more so the fatigue I deal with and it gets so bad, sometimes I think I have to be dying.

My mom said she knows someone in the hospital right now dying of cancer and it was due to black mold. I don't need black mold to mess with my brain, I have Fibro. Seriously, I get amnesia like and maybe it's my ADD, who knows, but I can't concentrate and focus good. Recently, I walked right into some people, I couldn't even focus enough to see them. Sometimes I can't drive because it gets really dangerous.

Will the bleach kill the musty smell? I used mean green mold disinfectant and it didn't help.
I would get someone in there and check out what type of mold it is.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Im with Twinkie on this one. They know what kind of mold it is, and how to destroy it, and if its the bad kind or simple mold. You really shouldnt take on the job of trying to clean it on your own anyway hon. Too much.
Jen

Closed Thread