It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 03:05 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Paranormal dream from antidepressant?

When I go to bed, I take both ambien and lexapro. I have been taking Lexapro for 2 1/2 weeks now for anxiety/depression, because after I gave up smoking, that got bad. It's the first time an antidepressant ever really made a difference with me. It stopped the depression and calmed down my anxiety both. But 1:00 this morning, something really weird happened, and I don't know what to think except attribute it to the Lexapro. I slept in my daughter's room last night, she has 2 beds in there and one is so extremely comfortable, and well I felt something at the end of my bed (I was laying the opposite way) and thought it was my daughter getting something, then I felt the air from my fan temporarily blocked as if something was in front of it, then it started blowing again. Well felt it at the end of my bed, and then the fan again, then it happens again at the end of my bed and I'm thinking what the snot is she doing (my daughter), but then I feel something on my head/neck and says the word FK in my ear. I kicked, don't know why, cause nothing was there, and jumped up out of there. This is no way felt like a dream to me. I felt like I was laying there awake while it was happening. I have had some crazy dreams, people trying to kill me, even trying to eat me, after watching scary movies on tv and going to bed, but I knew I was dreaming without question. And no I wasn't watching a scary movie last night. I was in one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Paranormal dream from antidepressant?

paranormal dreams are cool unless they are brought on by drugs. please call your doctor.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 03-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

But how do you know if it's the medication? I've taken it 2 1/2 weeks with no problems except fatigue and diarrhea, both which subsided. I haven't been having vivid dreams prior to or even remembering dreaming at all. What do I tell my doctor, that I'm losing my mind?

Old 03-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

you go ask the doc if it is a possible side affect. if doc says no, then you know it was real and you can relax. since the word whispered is x'ed out, only you know.
there is much magic in the universe. perhaps a loved one dropped by to make sure you are okay?
peace,
blue

Old 03-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

I agree with Blue. I have had visitors in the night. Creepy, but it does not scare me. Takes some thinking to figure out who it was though. My brother visits alot. I don't watch scarey movies before going to bed. Not much into them, but the good ones I watch in the afternoon only because of my anxiety/panic disorder. Hope it is not the medication so that you can go on taking it. Let us know the outcome.
Low pain all,
Cat :0)

Old 03-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I agree, check with your doc. I have had visits for years some come at night and some come in the afternoon when/if I am napping. I have even had visits from our dog we had to put to sleep because of an incurable illness. No Kidding, she was my husbands constant companion. He had to spend lots of time in the hospital and she would visit me at night. I know it was her and I was awake, because I would talk to her just like when she was alive. I would feel her walking on the bed and then laying against my legs just like when she was alive. I would feel her walking back and forth on the bed just like she use to and I would tell her to lay down and I would feel the flop and that was it. She stopped visiting when my hubby got better and we got a new puppy for him.

I was awake, I know it wasn't meds. I do think you need to check with your doc first though.

Glojer

Old 03-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

I sent a private message to neveragain444 when this was first posted because I didn't know what people believed in. Or for all of you to think I was NUTS. I have been having a visitor for two years (my father) right around the time of my first surgery and my fibro was Dxd. I have read that our loved ones come back to us in time of need. I like to believe that. Because if that's not the case than it is another side effect of this crazy illness. In that case we are all NUTS.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

lol...too funny! My Grandson gets visits from my Dad. He told his Mom about seeing a man by his bed at night a while back. He is 2 1/2 yrs young. When he saw a picture of my Dad he told his Mom that was the man he see's. How happy I was to hear that my Dad was looking in on a Grandson he had never met! He is not afraid of him and we told him it's ok to talk to him if he wants to. My Grandson does not have Fibro! So I believe!!
Cat ;0)
P.S. BOO

Old 03-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

That's great! When my son was 5 he came to me and said "the mans name is Andrew". I asked him "What man"? He replied " you know, the dead guy that lives in this house". A few days later he too confirmed it was my dad when I showed him a picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkaru View Post
lol...too funny! My Grandson gets visits from my Dad. He told his Mom about seeing a man by his bed at night a while back. He is 2 1/2 yrs young. When he saw a picture of my Dad he told his Mom that was the man he see's. How happy I was to hear that my Dad was looking in on a Grandson he had never met! He is not afraid of him and we told him it's ok to talk to him if he wants to. My Grandson does not have Fibro! So I believe!!
Cat ;0)
P.S. BOO

Old 03-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

If I could see anyone from the "after life" I'd probably choose my grandpa. That would be awesome. But that wasn't at all what I experienced. The word I heard in my ear was a cuss word and said in a way that would frighten you. The F word. Can't type it on this board (I'm not allowed). It's like something was wanting to hurt me. I keep questioning how it happened if I was partially asleep, like how was it occuring in a dream exactly where I was asleep, why did I respond awake, kick, and jump up. It all is so weird to me. I can't get it out of my mind, what happened. It would be nice to have my doctor explain to me how to reasonably comprehend this. But I know he's going to think I've flipped my rocker. I do believe also in paranormal stuff but am having a hard time understanding my own personal experience.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

I have never heard of lexapro causing this problem, but a side effect of ambien is nightmares. Look up on-line the side effects of lexapro and ambien.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:53 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm curious of the possibility of someone being both awake and asleep at the same time.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:09 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

I have heard my name called in my ear and that has startled me awake. I have also heard the word you are referring too. I have to wonder though, when it comes to words like that, can we actually be saying them in our sleep and startling ourselves? Gotta wonder...
Cat ;o)

Old 03-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

From what I read online, you can be awake and asleep at the same time, Lucid dreams. And I have had a past experience with a lucid dream, was totally able to control it, and in no question knew I was dreaming, and it was very cool. It only happened to me one time.

This time was not like that. I did not feel asleep at any point this stuff was happening. I think I must be hesitant somewhat in believing in anything paranormal, because I keep trying to figure out a reasonable explanation. But I cannot.

I believe a person should be able to distinguish a dream from reality without problem.

Last edited by neveragain444; 03-05-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

I just found a medical explanation for this, it's called hypnopompic hallucinations. Usually occurs with either narcolepsy or schizophrenia. I have a sleep disorder (UARS) and my oxygen drops like with sleep apnea and I have hypersomnia. Well don't know about you, but I like a reasonable explanation for things. This hallucination can make you think you saw something you didn't or feel something that isn't there. Make you here things. It can also be caused by hallucinogenic drugs like SSRI's. Lexapro is one of those drugs.

Last edited by neveragain444; 03-05-2010 at 01:59 PM.

Closed Thread