It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
(female)

fibromom2two HB User
Question Does anybody have any suggestions for pain relief from fibromyalgia and menstruals

I am 29 years old...I've been diagnosed for almost 3 years but my bigger symptoms started showing about 5 years ago and I had presignals of it when I was in high school.

I've always had bad bad painful periods and I was wondering what you all do for pain relief while on your period. My fibro flares up and it hurts my body worse and I have endometriosis so my periods are almost a knock you down and kick you while you're down there pain...I'm pretty much in the fetal position to help the cramps...and then that hurts my body. So any suggestions for pain relief with all of this?

Old 03-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
(female)

fibromom2two HB User
Re: Does anybody have any suggestions for pain relief from fibromyalgia and menstrual

I'm going to try to go take a nap and sleep away the pain...hoping somebody has some suggestions when I wake up!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User
Re: Does anybody have any suggestions for pain relief from fibromyalgia and menstrual

fibromom, I use supplements and medicine. I've always had horribly pain periods and so have many fm sufferers. Seems that and TMJ and headaches are common precursors. Naproxen is the medicine I use for cramps and I'll take 3 when needed. I also use supplements which are known to help FM and dysmenorrhea. I take prescription 50,000IU Vitamin D twice a month and water soluble magnesium -- a powder under the name calm that is put out by Natural Vitality and is sold online and at Whole Foods and GNC (really expensive at GNC). Next time I am out of the magnesium, I'm going to get the calm product's magnesium/calcium one because the calcium is super important too. I'm also going to check into malic acid from listening to others on this site.

May you have a restful few minutes on a great heating pad! Take care.

Last edited by baserockermom; 03-05-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
(female)

fibromom2two HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by baserockermom View Post
fibromom, I use supplements and medicine. I've always had horribly pain periods and so have many fm sufferers. Seems that and TMJ and headaches are common precursors. Naproxen is the medicine I use for cramps and I'll take 3 when needed. I also use supplements which are known to help FM and dysmenorrhea. I take prescription 50,000IU Vitamin D twice a month and water soluble magnesium -- a powder under the name calm that is put out by Natural Vitality and is sold online and at Whole Foods and GNC (really expensive at GNC). Next time I am out of the magnesium, I'm going to get the calm product's magnesium/calcium one because the calcium is super important too. I'm also going to check into malic acid from listening to others on this site.

May you have a restful few minutes on a great heating pad! Take care.
Thank you for your tips! I am going to look into this stuff! I appreciate it...and Yeah..I'm gonna dig the heating pad out...for sure for sure!

Old 03-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
(female)

53red HB User

I've heard from some people about relief from fibromyalgia with the archaea formula, not sure about the cramps. I had endometriosis, but no symptoms - go figure. I

Last edited by moderator2; 03-05-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 03-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

I used to take Naproxen Sodium 550. Its an anti-inflamotory my doc used to prescribe me for years!!!! Then eventualy ended up with a hysterectomy 5 years ago.

Talk to your doc about a anti-inflammatory. I also had Adenomyosis (internal Endometriosis) of the Uteris. I wonder if Endo goes along with Fibro?

Old 03-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

I never had painful periods until I got Fibro at like 43 years old! I did have endometriosis and I had a laparoscopy and ablation done which has taken my menstrual pain away. As matter of fact, the pain didn't go away in my back and legs so that's when the Fibro got dxd too. When I was suffering so bad with both before...I used those heat patches (Thermacare...I think?) that you buy at the drugstore and put them over the painful areas.

Last edited by Pammyann; 03-08-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Closed Thread