It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

ambugirl HB User
Water Therapy?

I start water therapy next week for MFP. Has anyone had experience with this? I am holding out much hope on it reducing the pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Water Therapy?

hi,
when i started i started with water therapy. i was in heaven in all that warm water. just floating makes the pain ease off. i loved it so much i now have my own hot tub right outside. not only did it help with pain it also helped with developing muscles that had atrophied due to lack of use. that was, let's see . . . about 6 years ago i think.
our place close by went down the toilet on keeping the pool clean so i chose to quit. i miss it and would do it again in a heartbeat given the chance. the lake is just too cold, giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

I go to water aerobics a couple times a week and I also have my own hot tub at home...they both are terrific.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
(female)

ambugirl HB User

Hubby has talked about getting me a hot tub if it will help (that man would do anything to help me feel better)
I am so glad that you guys have had success with the water therapy. I'm not so thrilled about being in public (kinda) and wearing a swim suit but it's gotta be better than hiding in bed all day.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:10 AM   #5
(male)

linkin01 HB User

I'm starting aquatic therapy next week. I can't wait.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I do water aerobics once a week and swim twice a week (in warm water only) and have a hot tub - I swear by all 3

Closed Thread