It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
(female)

margie t HB User
Unhappy fatigue

Hi, I have had fibromyalgia since I was 40years old I am now 59, I take muscle relaxers, endocet, and I was taking lyrica. Right now at night I am tired so I take a muscle relaxer or an overthecounter sleeping pill, they usually take about 4 hours to go into effect. THe next day I am so tired, so I take a nap, but I still do not feel refreshed. Does anyone have any solution for me to take something to get some energy I feel drained. This is one of the worst medical conditions out there I cannot stand it. help margie

Old 03-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
(female)

harleybluz HB User
Re: fatigue

Margie, I'm right there with you. This is such a hard medical condition to deal with and it seems there's never an end in sight. I have seen people on this board rant about Provigil for fatigue. I looked it up it seems pretty expensive. I don't know what your financial situation is so it may not be a problem for you. They've also spoken about Adderal, which is used for ADHD primarily but helps wakes you up. I'll look into that with my Dr. and see if it helps at a low dose. I am currently not taking anything but a very low dose of Neurontin for pain at night because I have a hard time with meds. A really hard time. I wish you all the luck with this. My eyes are closing as I'm sitting at work typing this to you. Luck to both of us I guess.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
(female)

margie t HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleybluz View Post
Margie, I'm right there with you. This is such a hard medical condition to deal with and it seems there's never an end in sight. I have seen people on this board rant about Provigil for fatigue. I looked it up it seems pretty expensive. I don't know what your financial situation is so it may not be a problem for you. They've also spoken about Adderal, which is used for ADHD primarily but helps wakes you up. I'll look into that with my Dr. and see if it helps at a low dose. I am currently not taking anything but a very low dose of Neurontin for pain at night because I have a hard time with meds. A really hard time. I wish you all the luck with this. My eyes are closing as I'm sitting at work typing this to you. Luck to both of us I guess.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:30 AM   #4
(female)

margie t HB User

Thanks for the reply, but right now I take 7 other medicines for different medical issues, and I am struggling pay for them, I do not think I can take one more medication, I just wish I did not have to take any at all, I feel like I have become a slave to taking medicines it is a pain in the butt. thanks margie

Old 03-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Do some research into D-Ribose. Have you read Teitlebaum's book "From Fatigued to Fantastic"??

Kirstee

Closed Thread