It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

harleybluz HB User
Body Temperature

Does anyone else seem to have a problem with their body regulating it's temperature? I seem to get mini temperatures followed by being cold. This has been going on for some time now so I know it's not a virus/flu/cold. It seems to add to the exhaustion I have going on all the time. Also, I've been having a constant migraine for months with everything else ruled out and the sinus' in the back of my head hurt so bad I can't lay on my back anymore without getting a headache. Are these symptom anyone else gets?

Old 03-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
(female)

trouble222 HB User
Re: Body Temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleybluz View Post
Does anyone else seem to have a problem with their body regulating it's temperature? I seem to get mini temperatures followed by being cold. This has been going on for some time now so I know it's not a virus/flu/cold. It seems to add to the exhaustion I have going on all the time. Also, I've been having a constant migraine for months with everything else ruled out and the sinus' in the back of my head hurt so bad I can't lay on my back anymore without getting a headache. Are these symptom anyone else gets?
Hi, I don't know if it is the same but I live in the northeast and really dread the winter as i'm always cold. I sit around the house with a long sleeve turtle neck and a quilted heavy shirt and I'm still cold. It seems to last all afternoon long. It is not cold in my house. I have always had headache's as far as I can remember but as i've gotten older the headache are daily. There don't seem much to do about it. I guess just suffer. My rheumatologist put me on Lyrica but I didn' stay long on them as all I did was sleep.
If you ever find out anything I would appreciate if you will let me know.
Anna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

harleybluz, I have the same stuff. It's all related. If you read an article by robert d gerwin entitled a review of myofascial pain and fibromyalgia and the factors that promote their persistence, you'll find the rhinitis (the five-month cold/flu/sinus from Oct thru Mar) crap, you'll find the being cold, and you'll find the migraines. I also have the fevers. My temperature usually runs 97.8-98.2; it's been from 96.1-99.9 for awhile now. I just recently had major surgery and as I was nodding off with the sedation, they put my head on a doughnut shaped pillow. The first thing I said when I came out was "can I have that pillow?". Like you, just laying down hurts so much. I had the sinus thing going then for 2 months and that pillow kept the pressure off the part of the head that must hook up to the sinus, because it was quite a difference. I wish you well. I feel your pain.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
(female)

ambugirl HB User

I have a similar problem but mine is more - once I get cold, I just can not get warm again. I was never like this before. I live in the northeast as well and the winter is awful here I hope it gets better for you

Old 03-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
(female)

harleybluz HB User

That's funny. I'm "from" the northeast. Live in VA now and it's been a New England cold winter for us. I'm usually cold all the time but now I am having these "whole" body hot flashes that make me want to scream. They last just long enough for me to get some of my clothes off, if possible, and then I'm back to being cold again. Now, about that pillow. I do believe I'll head out to a store at lunch and buy one. I never knew they had donut shaped pillows for your head. Sounds like a good thing to me. Thanks so much to everyone.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I feel cold most days - it's a standing joke as soon as I get in the house extra heaters go on!!! In fact everywhere i go I sit on the radiator if I can. The last few days I've had heat patches on me - they heat up for 12 hours when exposed to the air - have kept me nice and toasty when i've been working in cold conference rooms!

Old 03-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
(female)

trouble222 HB User

hi again
I thought it was my age, which in truth is probably partly true. it must be as I have aged the fibro got worst. I do know my headaches have gotten worst. Do any of you have breathing problems. I used to be a smoker, I know bad thing, but I have had Catscans and the pulmologist says my lungs are not in bad condition so the problem must be my heart, so off to the cardiologist I go to be told nothing wrong. So i'm lost of who to go to next. Please let me know if it has effected your breathing ok
Anna

Old 03-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #8
(female)

trouble222 HB User

Hi
Me again. The temperature is warming up in the Northeast. It is now 49 degrees right now but i sit here with a cold nose. My hands are chilly, making hard to type but will perservere. lol
Woke up during the night with hurting all over. Don't know if is PMR or fibro. I guess it does not make much difference not much one can do. I am trying to come off again from prednisone so I guess some of it could be the problem. Have any of you awaken with a numb leg? It lasted for a bit but was alright the next morning.
take care
Anna

Old 03-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #9
(female)

emeadows HB Useremeadows HB User

I am ALWAYS cold when the sun is up and hot when it is not. I live in PA. If I have been in an air conditioned area for more than 30 mins, with a heat index of 95+, and go outside, I get chills. When ever the seasons change, I get the sinus symptoms for at least a month. I also have a normal temp of 97.2. During my sinus symptoms, it will range from 98.4-99.6. At night, I feel like I am on fire. Even though the temp outside is 32.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #10
(female)

trouble222 HB User

Hi guys
went to my rheumatologist last month for both fibro and my pmr. She kept me on prednisone but also put me on amnitriptolene. if nothing else it makes me sleep all night and some next day. It cause problem with my IBS so had to quit it. I take it when my legs really really hurt. It seemed to help and am sorry I couldn't keep taking it as she wanted me to. She told me I was going thru a massive flare up. WE Will Survive.lol
Ask her a few questions about some of the symptoms i was having but she said fibro has a lot of symptoms. So that took care of any knowledge I wanted.
How are all of you doing. It was warming up here in the north but this morning we had snow flurries. Whoopppeeee.
take care
Anna

Closed Thread