It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

SAHMof2 HB User
Question Creepy Crawly feeling

Does anyone ever get that Creepy Crawly feeling? For awhile not off and on i've been getting that in my left arm. It's like an almost "itchy" feeling in my muscles. It makes me want to Stretch them and move my arm alot. It even seems to go into my chest some. Anyone ever have this?
Mom to an Angel in heaven

Fibromylgia, Costo-Chrondritis, IBS, Hypothyroid,
G.E.R.D, Contact Dermatitis,

Old 03-14-2010, 06:50 AM   #2
(female)

IrishIre HB User
Re: Creepy Crawly feeling

That's an awful, awful feeling and it's wonderful getting the blank look from doctors when you try to describe it or get help for it. Sorry you have it!!! I'm not sure I have what you have, but I dealt with it for over a year and a bunch of useless doc visits (got another diagnosis, though, ooooo ah, carpel tunnel). I went to the school of massage and one of their graduates fixed it to the point that I could sleep with it in just one visit. If I went back, I wonder if I could get it fixed to the point I can wear clothes there. It's worth the bucks and probably less expensive than a year's worth of visits -- find some one who does trigger point therapy or who treats fm/myofascial pain. I'm pretty sure this one falls under the myofascial pain category because of the referred pain. Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

perhaps it may be a good idea to discuss restless leg syndrome with your doctor. it can affect the whole body. i took meds for several years for it. now i take nothing and mostly do okay. still get the itching buggy feeling but doable without drugs. the constant need to move has gone away and seldom happens with any intensity.
i took quinine for years, not knowing what it could do, quit when i found out and never tried anything else.
i found walking helped alot when i felt i had to be moving.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 03-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
(female)

SAHMof2 HB User

Thanks so much. Bluelakelady Restless leg is Exactly what it feels like! so glad you said that. I have problems with RL at night if I don't take my folic acid and potasium.
I'll ask about stuff for RL next time I go by the health food store. Betty who owns it is So knowledgable about stuff like that.
Mom to an Angel in heaven

Fibromylgia, Costo-Chrondritis, IBS, Hypothyroid,
G.E.R.D, Contact Dermatitis,

Old 03-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

ask about valerian root and kava kava. i used to make my own tinctures. less expensive to make your own and its fun. buying something someone else made was not as affective as what i made myself. must be the love.
peace,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread