It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
(female)

chucksusanb HB User
Question Costcochondritis?? and Nueropathy?? Does anyone else have these symptoms?

Hello all,

I haven't been on in quite some time. I'm curious if anyone has had Costochondritis and traveling burning sensations throughout your body?

This is very scary for me and I can not keep running to the Dr (it is getting costly).

I did find a new Holisitic MD who took a bunch of blood and has me on B12 injections (B12 was low) and I will find out what else he says at my follow up.

Just curious who else has experience costo along with total body burning sensations??

Thank you so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
(female)

winded HB User
Re: Costcochondritis?? and Nueropathy?? Does anyone else have these symptoms?

I too have costcochondritis but didn't know until recently when I went to a walk in clinic. My family doctor never told me. When I found this out I went online to research it and found out it is common in fibro sufferers. I get a tinglling feeling throughout my body, which is a scary feeling. I too have been to the doctor on numberous occasions for different symptoms but he makes me feel like I am wasting his time and the appts are always rushed as usual/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2010, 01:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I have costochondritis on and off throughout the year - 18 months ago I had the most awful bout of it and found ice packs and strong anti inflammateries really help - I hate taking any meds but you have to get the inflammation down to stop the pain

Old 03-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
(female)

me and my fibro HB User

Well, I started reading this board because my doc told me I had fibro, gave me a script for Tramadol, and sent me home. Seems though, that the more I read here, the more I see people who have my hubby's symptoms. Problem is, he has Multiple Sclerosis. He suffers from Costochondritis from time to time (dr. prescribes Vicodin when that happens), and the burning, first was diagnosed as restless leg before his M.S. dx, and used to just bother his feet and legs, now travels his body, but the treatment is still the same..., Neurontin (generic Gabapentin). Higher and higher doses of Gabapentin. From questions I have asked hubby's neuro, I guess the treatment would be the same for fibro too.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #5
(female)

chucksusanb HB User

Thanks everyone!

Me and my fibro - Does your husband have MS lessions in his brain or spinal column??

I have had MRIs dating back from 1999 until current with no signs of lessions. Could I have MS without lessions??

Old 03-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
(female)

SAHMof2 HB User

Costo here too. I actually had It before I was dx'd w/ the fibro. Mine isn't so much burning through out my body but it's more localized.
Mom to an Angel in heaven

Fibromylgia, Costo-Chrondritis, IBS, Hypothyroid,
G.E.R.D, Contact Dermatitis,

Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #7
(female)

me and my fibro HB User

He has lesions in both his brain and spine. Can't be M.S. without lesions. At least your doc will run the MRI! Mine just blurted out "Fibromyalgia", handed me a script and sent me on my way! Still in all, neuropathy is neuropathy, and from all I've read, the Neurontin is a common drug for M.S., Restless Leg Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Shingles..., I think I'd ask my doc if I were you. It does wonders for my husband, the only problem is, M.S. progresses, so the neuropathy gets worse, and covers more of his body, and therefore he ends up needing his dose upped every couple of years.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #8
(female)

stormcat HB User

It's frightening that fibro seems to mirror so many other things such as MS for example.
The last thing I found out about fibro..is it true... I don't know?! I was told it is a brain disorder to do with the central nerous system?!
I tend to get flare ups of syptoms, they subside for a while, some other symptoms replace them..like a vicious cycle with a few good days thrown in.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #9
(female)

chucksusanb HB User

Good to know it can't be MS without lesions... Thank you for answering that question. My Neurologist did prescribe neurontin, but I wasn't comfortable taking it without a proper diagnoses.

I do want to mention though that I went to a holistic medical Dr (certified MD, who practices holistically) and he checked my vitamins. Just talked to him yesterday and he said I had untraceable amounts of B1, which has to do with nerve endings. I was also low on B12 (which I am taking injections for), vitamin D, iron, magnesium and a couple of other things.

What I am trying to say is taking a good name grand of B complex. Peripheral neuropathy has many causes and I think sometimes Drs are just quick to write it off and give you a script for something without really looking into the cause. I need answers and can't just take something to cover up a symptom without knowing the real real cause.

I was givin a diagnoses of "possible fibromyalgia", but not definite. I do have to follow up with the neurologist again and find out for sure. But for now I am trying to be hopeful in the vitamins.

And again, just want to mention (and I am putting it in BOLD - not to scream but so it pops out to you) to get these very important vitamins out that do and can cause peripheral neuropathy type symptoms:

Vitamin deficiencies can cause widespread damage to nerve tissue.

VITAMIN E
VITAMIN B1
VITAMIN B6
VITAMIN B12
NIACIN

ARE ALL ESSENTIAL TO A HEALTHY NERVE FUNCTION

God bless you all and thank you for replying. I hope you all do find some relief for this.

Hugs,

Susan

Old 03-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
(female)

chucksusanb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcat View Post
It's frightening that fibro seems to mirror so many other things such as MS for example.
The last thing I found out about fibro..is it true... I don't know?! I was told it is a brain disorder to do with the central nerous system?!
I tend to get flare ups of syptoms, they subside for a while, some other symptoms replace them..like a vicious cycle with a few good days thrown in.
Stormcat - This is interesting. I wonder what they will find out in years to come. Wouldn't it be cool if it was just a vitamin deficiency? Cause most Drs do not check the vitamin levels.

Susan

Closed Thread