It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 AM   #1
(female)

Pam1066 HB User
Question Any luck with Fibro & Fatigue Centers

Hello everyone:

I was wondering if any of you have tried getting help through the Fibro & Fatigue Centers - several located throughout the country. I have one about 1hour from me, but they do not accept insurance and the cost can be around $500/month. Considering all I have spent over the years to try and get well, I am almost tempted to try it if I know it can help. Did anyone ever go to one of these centers and did it help?
Thanks for any input!

Last edited by Pam1066; 03-16-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 03-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: Any luck with Fibro & Fatigue Centers

Hi Pam,

I just read online about them from clicking on their website...and please be careful...the wording about the cost is that you have to pay the ENTIRE year up front...that's when it says 'about' 500 per month so coming up with 6 grand for most people without insurance is impossible...

I'm not saying their treatments don't work..but I get really nervous and skeptical about places that say they don't accept insurance...why??? and putting all that money up front without knowing if you will be helped or not..that just doesn't sit right with me..

It says they use holistic treatment...which most of us can do for free or low cost on our own as that part of helping our pain/fatigue is crucial..like eating organic, light exercise each day, aqua therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, acupunture, massage, vitamin D, B-12, and magnesium supplements, along with other things that are proven in the medical community..

I know for me...finally getting on Ambien..and getting to stage 4 sleep..has been a total lifesaver for me! I get a perfect 8 hr. night, every night...to bed at 10pm and up at 6am without fail...and now have so much more energy during the day I don't even need caffeine..

I was diagnosed back in '95 by a Dr. who is actually now head of (Fibro treatment) one of the premier hospitals in the country and even back then..he thought that almost 75% of Fibro issues are related to the stage 4 sleep issue as our bodies cannot repair themselves each night..our immune system goes haywire..as well as my emotions are so much better to deal with the pain...

Anyway..sorry to ramble...I just wanted you and others to be aware that places like you mentioned that claim to have you great in 6 months and ' to good to be true' usually are...

Take care

Last edited by Ilovemycutedog; 03-16-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
(female)

Pam1066 HB User
Smile Re: Any luck with Fibro & Fatigue Centers

Thanks for your insight. I feel that paying up front is very suspicious too. I feel that these places prey on those of us desperate for help. I really believe in the healing process of deep sleep. I take Nortriptyline and Clonazepam-- some nights are better than others, but I rarely wake up feeling refreshed. I am glad you found something that works for you.

Be well.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-31-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
(male)

Ace88 HB User

I went to a Fibro and Fatigue Center for 10 months. I spent probably $5,000 to $6,000, and was worse when I left. I felt like the doctor in charge was playing "mad doctor" with prescribing medicines, and I already had several people tell me he authorized medicines irresponsibly. They had me on so many supplements that were worthless and just kept adding more. The IV's help slightly in the beginning but you quickly return to form, giving people false hope. For me, they were a waste of money and an antibiotic I was given may have made my condition worse.

They used holistic medicines as well as traditional ones like Ambien...but I didn't feel there was enough oversight on their part.

Last edited by Ace88; 03-16-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:49 PM   #5
(female)

julie10 HB Userjulie10 HB Userjulie10 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace88 View Post
I went to a Fibro and Fatigue Center for 10 months. I spent probably $5,000 to $6,000, and was worse when I left. I felt like the doctor in charge was playing "mad doctor" with prescribing medicines, and I already had several people tell me he authorized medicines irresponsibly. They had me on so many supplements that were worthless and just kept adding more. The IV's help slightly in the beginning but you quickly return to form, giving people false hope. For me, they were a waste of money and an antibiotic I was given may have made my condition worse.

They used holistic medicines as well as traditional ones like Ambien...but I didn't feel there was enough oversight on their part.
This is good to know, thank you so much. I have one that is a few hours away, and had considered it as well. Also, some folks on another board were just having this very discussion. You've helped alot of save some big bucks!

Closed Thread