It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
(female)

stormcat HB User
Question Just when you think you have had it all..along comes????!!!!!

Hi I'm a newbie here....I've had fibro for well over 10 years. I'm so fed up with doc's saying it's not life threatening...ok I'm glad about that, but it's life changing! I can't work because I don't know how I will feel from 1 day to the next...I'm depressed because of this...I'm fed up with trying new pills & potions I'm sure you all get the picture & feel the same?!

What I really want is simple answer's that no-one seems to be able to give us.
I've tried all their answer's..explored every possible alternative i.e accupunture..pain clinic's etc.
If I have a good day..very rare these day's but I tend to try and get everything done..much to my hubbie's despair
I think sometime's living with me must be a nightmare as my mood swings are something that even surprises myself..eek.
I keep thinking I've had it all by now then along comes something new. I will prob put my self at risk if it's something more serious because I know what a doc's response will be...'It's just your fibro'!!!!!

Old 03-17-2010, 02:56 AM   #2
(female)

Madeofglass HB User
Just when you think you have had it all..along comes????!!!!!

Yea I've thought of that. What if some pain and nausea are caused by cancer or something, and then you go see the doctor and you are immediately sent home with a prescription for pain killers while the doctor's saying "it's just your fibro, don't worry about it". Yea well, that WOULD make this condition life threatening, wouldn't it? When they link everything to fibro it's so hard to get anything checked.

I'm depressed too and I get irritated. I've tried like 10 antidepressants and a few especially for fibro, and I'm in my early 20s. Still don't have anything that works. I can't whine, cause that would make me "no-fun-to-be-with", and people would see me as a pessimistic person who doesn't wanna do anything to improve the situation.. well, excuse me.

Is it our destiny to just suffer in silence, while the doctors are saying we're basically okay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Just when you think you have had it all..along comes????!!!!!

perhaps you both would benefit from finding a new doctor. my doc never dismisses anything without proving first that all else is well. we explore together what is going on in me. i fired many doctors in my search for just the right team to assist me.
our destiny is to find doctors worth listening to who also know how to listen. we are the power that decides everything when it comes to what we do, or do not do, with our bodies. never let your power go and never let a doctor forget who is in charge.
you!
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 03-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

I agree with Blue...time to shop around. I travel over 1 hour one way to see my doctor. If I am concerned about something he gets the neccessary tests done to be sure. I am seeing him this week for a growth on my leg that he will remove and have checked for cancer. He also thinks I have Bursitus of my left shoulder which he plans on giving me a shot for, but of course first he ordered x-rays. I have been seeing this doctor and his father (God rest his soul) since I was 19 years old. I am now 56. He knows me and he knows I know my body. If I call him and I am sure I know I need a certain drug he will prescribe for me without me having to travel to see him. Folks ask why I travel so far to my Doc. This is why!
Hope things get better for you soon,
Cat <:0)

Old 03-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
(female)

stormcat HB User

Hi, Thanks to you all who replied to my earlier rant..and we all need those
I don't know where everyone is from..me I'm in the uk for the moment..hopefully relocating to India in a few months.
I hope the health care will be a bit better to what I have at the moment..I live in a small village in the cotswolds.
I am so fed up with 'here's another pill/cream'. I've been on anti-depressants for 10 years, surely that's not good for me
So here's a question, I wonder how you would answer?
A million pounds or to be rid of fibro?

Old 03-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

With a million pounds it would be easier to manage my symptoms. I'm in Europe.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:01 AM   #7
(female)

stormcat HB User

If it was or the other I'd want to be rid of fibro
I miss not being as active as I used to be, constant pain. I've always suffered with sinus trouble but it's getting severe now & I keep getting infections in ears & the headaches are unbearable, sometimes I just wish I could step outside of myself.
I'm 50 but I feel trapped in a much older body that won't do what i want it to do.
I get told I look good for my age, but that's on the outside..inside I'm screaming!
Not sure if making sense here or not?!

Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

i would take the money, keep my fibro, hire a travel companion and boogie all over this planet.
life is different in the u.k. when it comes to doctors, choices and your body. perhaps india will be more open minded to exploring your bodys needs. they are doing some amazing things there with health care. send me that money and i will join you there, giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 03-19-2010, 02:06 AM   #9
(female)

stormcat HB User

Hi Blue,
I wish I did have a million pounds..lol
How long have you been a fellow sufferer for?
I hope you are right about India, I'm looking forward to having a few massages there, I had 1 last year in Sri Lanka, I felt like a new person for that day :-)
We will have private health care so hopefully I should get better service than the quick 10 minutes I get here in UK from a stressed out doc?!!!!
Here'shoping my hubby likes his new job there as I can't wait to quit England.
Take care
Kelly

Old 03-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

hi kelly,
i was diagnosed in 1997. tho after all these years i am now a participant in fibro and no longer suffer with it. we live together in harmony. we take turns using my body and so far it works pretty good.
ahh, massage, heaven. take me with you, giggle. time to call my friend carol and beg for one.
the universe says you're hubby will love his job and you will be free to see any doctor you want, anytime you want. what a change that will be. i think you will find much peace there and that will be enough. may the magic flow for you both.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 03-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

janiee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB Userjaniee08 HB User

stormcat, I think you should start a new thread on your question, which by the way is a good one. However, how much is a million pounds when converted to U.S. dollars?....janiee

Old 03-20-2010, 03:46 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

firebird56 HB User

I never for even a minute believed the fibro diagnosis I had been given. Turns out I was right! Promise me you will check into the possibility of a parathyroid tumor.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #13
(female)

stormcat HB User

That sounds scary, Firebird...sometimes it feels as if something is pressing on the top of my head just in one place tho, & I feel as if I could just sleep, does any1 else get this?
My hubby is now winging his way 2 India for 2 weeks. Just me & the cat now!

Old 03-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #14
(female)

stormcat HB User

Hi Janiee
Wonder how long we could keep a thread like that going?
have to look up how much 1 mill pounds would be in dollars.
I'm glad I found this site..I don't feel so alone now.

Closed Thread