It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the headache from HELL!!!!!
Woke up 2:30am...my head was killing me!! I felt like it was gonna explode or it was in a vice!! My eyes felt like knives were stabbing into them!!

Could not bear it at all!!

Light omg the light would kill me!!

Anyone else ?????

Still not feeling right...

Old 03-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
Re: Headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a migraine on a almost regular basis now. Got Savella today. Feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: Headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Mom,

Thanks for the reply.

I get them alot too. But this one in particular..was so intense I almost went to the ER. It took quite a bit of Excedrine Migraine to make it subside. It took a few days to finally go away almost 100%.

I am on Savella too. Actually it will be 1-year on it in I think May.

Glad the Savella is making you feel better!

Old 03-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
(female)

LorindaB HB User
Mirgaines

I have been a migraine suffer for 18 years +. For the past 2 years I have gotten them EVERYDAY. I have tried everything to get rid of them.
I had taken every RX drug you can think of. Last year I paid over $8000 just in Migraine drugs (out of pocket)

My doctor and I have come to the conclusion I had become addicted to the Amerge I was talking and when it wore off,
my migraines came back even harder, because my body needed the drug. Now what am I going to do? I need to take some thing
because I could not deal with that type of pain. I even talked to him about hospitalizing me and putting me under until eth drugs wore off.
It was an option but, the last option.

Two months ago I went to the doctors barely able to walk on my own and begged him yet again to please help me.

He told me her wanted to try me on this new drug Savella and I have to say I did not want to start taking something new with all my other health problems.
I have been on Savella for about 2 months now, and I have to say the first 2 weeks were rough.

Lucky I have a friend who is a nurse, and she told me to stick with it, that sometime take a while for it to kick in.

My doctor told me it would be rough because I was kicking one drug habit and trying to introduce another.

I am really glad I stuck it out. I feel like I have my life back again!!!! I feel like so much of my life was wasted over the past 18 years.

I injured myself about work and have a neck and back injury, and that was the onset of my nightmare with migraines.

I am not going to say I never get them. But 1 a month (that I can control) is better than every day, and having to pop pills all day long.

I know everybody is different but I really like this drug. It does have a few side effects, but they are not so bad that I would stop taking it.

My doctor believes I should be able to stop taking this in the next 4 – 6 months.

Closed Thread