It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User
More Twitching Questions

I have had these twitches for two years now. They weren't really bothersome until recently. In the past few weeks they have gotten more frequent and stronger. They have just started happening in my head, as well as the rest of my body. The strangest one is right before I fall asleep i let out a burst of air with a moan. The only way I can describe it is like there is someone inside me throwing an air ball up my throat and out my mouth. Weird I know! Does anyone else get this? And what exactly is causing us fibro sufferers to get this?

Old 03-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: More Twitching Questions

don't fight it. just relax and allow it to happen. the harder you try to stop it the more you vibrate, or twitch. to me it feels more like a minute yet strong jerking vibration. i went thru a phase of that happening alot for about a year or so. now it seems to have gone away. forgot till i read your note.
always check with your doc just to be sure. had all the tests myself, nothing wrong, so i relaxed, and guess what? yea, they were easier to handle. remember to breath slow and deep when it happens. breath, relax and learn to play with it for now. i did, not much else one can do but play with weirdness we don't understand. that's after you be sure all else is fine within. can't play till you know it is just another bizarre toy.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

The air thing is a new one on me. I was thinking about twitching, my body does all kind of that. This morning I woke up and my hands were 'doing a little dance'.....giggle. They were just kind of twitching jerking and I just took a deep breath and let my brain tell them to stop. My feet and legs do that a lot in the evening when I relax. Not like RLS or anything, they just twitch and move until I concentrate and tell them to calm down and stop. Like blue says, I just play with it. I have even had my head do that and that is scary because my grandmother had the head shake thing. When I realize it is happening though, I can tell my brain to stop it and it works. Blowing out air.....hummm.....that is trippy!

Glojer

Old 03-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

lHaving twitches is sometimes scary...I had a MRI on my brain last Monday because the Doctor wanted to make sure that nothing was going on (little does he know that he is right..not a lot goes on in my brain )..

I haven't heard any news yet.

The strange thing is when I told him about the twitches he said they were seizures

To me it is just another effect of Fibro.

~Belle~

Closed Thread