It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User
OMG Is it the weather?

Hi all,
Hope everyone is feeling their best today. I don't know if it's all the rain and the changing of temps in the northeast or what, but I have 3 bad (can't get out of bed) flares in the last 4 weeks. I work full time and I was pretty confident knowing the meds I am and the don't overdo things were working finally. I was used to maybe 1-2 bad flares in a 2 month period. This is not to say I am not in pain constantly but I have to do what I have to do on a daily basis. I take 100mg Lyrica 3 times a day, 50mg Tramadol 2 times a day, Xanax 0.5mg now up 3 times a day and currently have been taking Vycodin instead of the Tramadol for shoulder pain on the left side for a least 3 months that according to x-rays ordred by my PCP is not in the bone. This is usually a bad time of year for me anyway but I was wondering if anyone else was going through a unusual hard time this year?
Hope not...
Cat

P.S. I did the dumb thing and did not search boards for Savella. Just did, lots to read!! Will let you know what the Rhuemy says!

Last edited by catkaru; 03-26-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Researched Boards

Old 03-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User
Re: OMG Is it the weather?

HI Kat - Yes I am too - I always have pain but the last few weeks have been in permanent fair - can hardly walk (though when I do work the pain in my hip diminishes a bit) and I have been soooo tired. I feel like I may be finally coming out the other side - hope so and I hope you come out of yours soon too x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Thanks Sweet hope your feeling better for a while too! I have been reading alot about the drug Sevella (sp) on the boards. And a few are taking it along with the Lyrica. I have moved my appointment with my Rhuemy from the end of May to mid April because of the way I have been feeling lately and was wondering if I should talk to her about adding or replacing the two meds. I can totally relate to the tired thing. I have been going to bed between 8-9pm the last few weeks also. And dinner has not been good either. I am the Queen of Leftovers. It really su*ks when I would rather watch some TV. A little entertainment never hurt anyone right! My grandaughter has the lead role in Alice in Wonderland at her Middle School this weekend and when my Husband asked about tickets I told him to get the afternoon show...Yup you guessed it...he got the 7:30pm show. Now it's his job to keep me awake. I don't want her to think she is boring me! I'm sure I'll stay awake though. If anything the Grandkids always keep me going! If you are, or can remember who on the boards is taking the Savella please let me know. I believe you and I don't live too far from each other. Are you from PA. I'm in Jersey about 8 miles northeast of Philly. If I'm wrong, sorry about that. Not Fibro Fog, just plain memory or should I say the lack of there of...lol. Thanks for your response, nice to know I am not alone.
Stay low pain all,
Cat ;0)

Old 03-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi cat,
you will have no trouble staying awake for you grandchild. it is the magic adrenalin rush of love that fibro cannot beat down into submission.
sending you energy to be there and be filled with joy. you can pay the next day. giggle.
give alice in wonderland a big hug for me. nothing takes my pain away like the sight of my babies. it's the love.
peace,
blue

Old 03-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Enjoy ALice in Wonderland - you'll be awake......and sorry it's not me that lives near you - I'm thousands of miles away (in the UK!) x

Old 03-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

I loved Alice in Wonderland..the Special Effects are great

~Belle~

Old 03-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Whoop Whoop - glad you enjoyed it - I'm going to go in the Easter hols with my daughter

Old 03-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

cat, those grandchildren keep us going somehow. About the weather, yes it bothers me. It seems to be the barometric pressure, when certain storms are going through. I have winters that are bad sometimes all winter, depends on the snow and or storms rolling through and how often.

Glojer

Old 03-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

It is pouring rain here today and I can barely move.

~Belle~

Old 03-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Belle, oh yes sometimes the rain storms can be worse.

Glojer

Old 03-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

I need an Ark ... the rain is pouring and won't stop.. my street is flooding BIG TIME

~Belle~

Old 03-31-2010, 07:45 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

It finally stopped raining in New Jersey.....YAY!!! The sun is out and everyone I see is smiling today. Even the people at work. Unfortunatley my left arm is still killing me after months of trying not to use it too much. I had no injury and the pain is unforgiving. Looking forward though to a very bright, warm and sunny weekend.
Enjoy the Sun,
Cat ;0)

Old 03-31-2010, 08:54 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fantastic Cat - send some of the sun over here would you? - we're back to snow!!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Thesweetlife.....SHHHHHHH!! We don't use that word in Jersey...lol
I love the snow when it's cold. I hate cold without it. Now I know where the phrase "Dead of winter" came from. That awfull NON-SNOW cold. Hope you'll be getting the warmth of spring too soon!
Low pain all,
Cat ;0)

Old 04-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

It's getting colder and colder and wetter and wetter - beam me up scotty!!!

Closed Thread