It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
(female)

Wootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB User
Massage Therapy or Minor Change in Meds?

I hadn't had any type of physical therapy since about 2000 except for chiropractor due to it never helping, and then chiro stopped too. My body generally and mood especially have been so bad for so long now that I asked my doctor for a referral for massage therapy and went on Tuesday morning, having called in sick to work. Lovely, soft music, serene atmosphere, experienced therapist. Wednesday, I got up feeling even more dreadful, dragged through the day. I still feel bruised in a lot of places that didn't hurt much before. Thursday, same thing, except after lunch it was like a cloud slowly lifting from my being. It took until this morning; I almost bounced out of bed! I read my book all the way to work on the train this morning, normally I read for 5 or 10 minutes and then shut my eyes for the remaining half hour.

I should add here that on Tuesday night, I cut my sleeping pill (triazolam) in four, and took only 3 parts of it, and have continued with that. I've noticed no change whatsoever in my sleep pattern.

Whatever's making the difference, I like it! Hopefully it'll last a very long tmie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Massage Therapy or Minor Change in Meds?

sounds like normal response to massage therapy. a couple of days feeling worse then wonder woman appears within you. i loved it. miss it so much. maybe it's time to go again. i also have a guy with a special room, soft music, inscence and hands to die for. yea, thanks girl, i will tell vernetta monday i want my fanny rubbed again. giggle. after the injections friday. thanks for posting. funny how i forgot just how i loved that room, those quiet moments and those heavenly hands. worth the day or two after. it will happen again possibly. getting all that blood going healthy and those muscles relaxed and unknotted takes time. fibro tends to resist love.
i am drooling. enjoy!!
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I go for a light sports massage and it makes SUCH a difference - sometimes I hurt more the next day but it ALWAYS helps - I'd have 2 a week if I could - I swear by them

Old 03-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
(female)

Wootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB User

Thanks, well it was the massage therapy then, good. I do have good memories of massage therapy too. I've booked it weekly for the next while. I've been told by many sources that its important to have a hot epsom salts bath afterwards; I had some for Tuesday but that was the last of it. So I went to Bulk Barn this morning and got several more kilos of it. I'm all set!

I'm going to try to slowly wean myself off of the triazolam, thus 3/4 for the next couple of weeks and then I'll go down to a half. I've never been happy about the idea of taking them but can't argue that they do help a whole lot.

Time for a nap. Going to celebrate Earth Hour with friends tonight ... sitting in a dark house with candles and getting silly drinking wine - what could be better?

8-)

Closed Thread