It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
(female)

ArtyAussie HB User
Where do people feel sore with FM?

I feel the worst pain in my chest, made more difficult by the lack of ability to keep my body upright. I'm sore in my wrists, heavy in my arms and tender there too. I feel pain behind the knees, and heavy in my legs, fluidlike heavyness. I feel pain in my neck, and fluid like heavyness too. and all across my upper back from my shoulders down, but then my lower back feels all horrible too, all heavy fluidlike that is just so uncomfortable. and i get chronic sinusitis - have stopped eating foods i am allergic to. so hard to stand for long just feel like keeling over.. almost like my legs will buckle if i let them. have felt this way for 3 years..no one has suggested FM, only tested for thyroid, chronic fatigue being the general diagnosis. I go numb and tingly on my face, my hands, my feet lose feeling and regain it.

How do others feel?

Old 03-30-2010, 02:48 AM   #2
(female)

Madeofglass HB User
Re: Where do people feel sore with FM?

My left knee feels funny, like someone's putting pressure on it. It always hurts, but there can be days and days that I don't even quite notice it. Neck hurts 24/7, and it's stiff at the same time. Sometimes the right side becomes so sore, that I feel like I'm about to vomit-and sometimes I do. My shoulders are stiff and tender. When I try to brush my hair they just aching horribly. Upper back hurts too. Especially in the morning when the pain is combined with horrible stiffness. I'm also very familiar with low back pain. When I stand for too long, it gets intense and that's when I start looking for a chair. Or a stool. Anything. My legs ache if I haven't gotten enough exercise-or if I have walked too much. Usually itīs mixed with a feeling of restlessness in my muscles. What else.. well the tip of my tongue is sore every now and then, like I've drunk something too hot. Waking up with a sore throat ain't a rare occasion either. Oh yea and my ribs.. they ache alot when I've eaten too heavily-there's usually some bloating too with that pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
(female)

lilcee HB User

I have it in my shoulders, back, arms tingle, legs feel heavy, feet tingle. The tip of my tongue is also soar. Never gave it a thought it could be Fibro. I was just diagnosed a few months ago but I think I've had it for years. Lately the middle of my back is so painful. Especially when I use my arms to cook, clean, drive, or do a lot of reaching. Then it's painful and feels swollen. It also makes me feel tight in my chest. I've had all kinds of tests and they tell me it's the Fibro.
My back is the worst of it. Hurts to put any kind of pressure on it like laying down or sitting back in a chair. When it's flaired up, it makes my chest feel tight and hurt like I'm having a heart attack.
The Dr wants me to go for physical therapy. I've done that for 6 weeks in Nov. and Dec of last year. It helped my shoulders some but my back is so painful. I hope they can help that.
I didn't think the Fibro was the cause of my back pain, I thought I had some kind of disc problem or something in the spine but I went to a back Dr, rhumetologist and neurologist and they all say Fibro.
This stinks.

Oh, I also have gerd and bloating in my abdomin. Feels like I'm carrying a big basketball around up under my ribs. Hurts to breath sometimes and I get out of breath easy.

Last edited by lilcee; 03-30-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:42 AM   #4
(female)

ArtyAussie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeofglass View Post
My left knee feels funny, like someone's putting pressure on it. It always hurts, but there can be days and days that I don't even quite notice it. Neck hurts 24/7, and it's stiff at the same time. Sometimes the right side becomes so sore, that I feel like I'm about to vomit-and sometimes I do. My shoulders are stiff and tender. When I try to brush my hair they just aching horribly. Upper back hurts too. Especially in the morning when the pain is combined with horrible stiffness. I'm also very familiar with low back pain. When I stand for too long, it gets intense and that's when I start looking for a chair. Or a stool. Anything. My legs ache if I haven't gotten enough exercise-or if I have walked too much. Usually itīs mixed with a feeling of restlessness in my muscles. What else.. well the tip of my tongue is sore every now and then, like I've drunk something too hot. Waking up with a sore throat ain't a rare occasion either. Oh yea and my ribs.. they ache alot when I've eaten too heavily-there's usually some bloating too with that pain.
yeah its terrible..at least now i have a referral to a rhuemotologist...i saw the gp today for that and he took my temp it is feverish at 38.2celsius. I have been nauseous on and off since 2006! but recently the past week or so really bad and threw up the other morning after trying to ride my mountain bike which was really hard work...i had to put everything into it with mild hills!! i at least have a place where i can catch a bus in a few mins after walking. I've been puffing and panting just from walking round, and i am not overweight at all.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:56 AM   #5
(female)

ArtyAussie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcee View Post
I have it in my shoulders, back, arms tingle, legs feel heavy, feet tingle. The tip of my tongue is also soar. Never gave it a thought it could be Fibro. I was just diagnosed a few months ago but I think I've had it for years. Lately the middle of my back is so painful. Especially when I use my arms to cook, clean, drive, or do a lot of reaching. Then it's painful and feels swollen. It also makes me feel tight in my chest. I've had all kinds of tests and they tell me it's the Fibro.
My back is the worst of it. Hurts to put any kind of pressure on it like laying down or sitting back in a chair. When it's flaired up, it makes my chest feel tight and hurt like I'm having a heart attack.
The Dr wants me to go for physical therapy. I've done that for 6 weeks in Nov. and Dec of last year. It helped my shoulders some but my back is so painful. I hope they can help that.
I didn't think the Fibro was the cause of my back pain, I thought I had some kind of disc problem or something in the spine but I went to a back Dr, rhumetologist and neurologist and they all say Fibro.
This stinks.

Oh, I also have gerd and bloating in my abdomin. Feels like I'm carrying a big basketball around up under my ribs. Hurts to breath sometimes and I get out of breath easy.
yep my cheat was feeling like a heart attack, or what i imagine it would feel like..had echocardiogram..all fine with my heart, so they put it down to unexplainable costochondritis, pain in the sternum the bone between the chest ribs..when i feel alright, i'm doing yoga, and tai chi and pilates...at my own pace..i found it helps with the pain, even when the backs of my knees feel so sore and like fluid about to burst...my back also hurts against certain seat backs so i try to sit forward and not have my back on them at all..too painful..must be the cns - central nervous system - spinal fluid too maybe? hypersensitivity in the nerve area anyway.. i take natural remedies for nerves, i find valerian is good in a very small dose of the liquid throughout the day just a little in am..and good for sleeping at night max 1ml liquid form.. do you ever get massages? i am thinking i'll go to a student massage clinic, i have been an aromtherapy student in the past and the knowledge of anatomy and physiology and contraindications is really well taught at TAFE colleges in Australia. They give really good full length massages, as gently as you like, in several types of massage, sometimes Swedish - just differnt strokes and relaxation style massage with nice gentle effluerage - long strokes on the muscles of the back relaxing, unless you have really tight muscles but then it can get gradually more relaxed and release or at least temporarily relieve the pain...also hydro is a plan of mine..there's a private rehab clinic down the road from me that i might try to get into for hydro and rehabilitation exercise..also acupuncture is great and even acupressure..especially good for the touchy body that is too sore for anything else.. yeah..

Last edited by ArtyAussie; 03-31-2010 at 04:08 AM.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I have a light sports massage weekly and every couple of months a hot stone massage - both are wonderful

Old 03-31-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

Hot stone massage-wow, I wish I could afford that.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
(female)

lilcee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyAussie View Post
yep my cheat was feeling like a heart attack, or what i imagine it would feel like..had echocardiogram..all fine with my heart, so they put it down to unexplainable costochondritis, pain in the sternum the bone between the chest ribs..when i feel alright, i'm doing yoga, and tai chi and pilates...at my own pace..i found it helps with the pain, even when the backs of my knees feel so sore and like fluid about to burst...my back also hurts against certain seat backs so i try to sit forward and not have my back on them at all..too painful..must be the cns - central nervous system - spinal fluid too maybe? hypersensitivity in the nerve area anyway.. i take natural remedies for nerves, i find valerian is good in a very small dose of the liquid throughout the day just a little in am..and good for sleeping at night max 1ml liquid form.. do you ever get massages? i am thinking i'll go to a student massage clinic, i have been an aromtherapy student in the past and the knowledge of anatomy and physiology and contraindications is really well taught at TAFE colleges in Australia. They give really good full length massages, as gently as you like, in several types of massage, sometimes Swedish - just differnt strokes and relaxation style massage with nice gentle effluerage - long strokes on the muscles of the back relaxing, unless you have really tight muscles but then it can get gradually more relaxed and release or at least temporarily relieve the pain...also hydro is a plan of mine..there's a private rehab clinic down the road from me that i might try to get into for hydro and rehabilitation exercise..also acupuncture is great and even acupressure..especially good for the touchy body that is too sore for anything else.. yeah..
I tried massage last year. I had a lady from our church come to my house a couple days a week for about a month. The problem was she was so rough that it hurt so bad afterwords. I think she did the deep massage which was painful. She said she usually doesn't diagnose people but she said she thought I had Fibro. I thought so too since it hurt so bad in a lot of place she touched.
I'm going to try to get more exercise and I know I need to lose about 20 or 30 pounds. I'm going to try the Mayo Clinid Diet. Hopefully I can lose some weight and maybe that will help me in some way.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

The hot stone massage is double the cost of a sports massage and that's why I don't do them every week - wish I could. I used to have very deep sports massage (before my fibro days) when I was in training for an event - now they are light but she so knows what she's doing - I also have trigger point therapy and they're going to do some foam rolling with me (again something I used to do before fibro) but they're doing it in a way that won't hurt - will report back.....am also going to start again with power plate once this flair up has finished........

Old 03-31-2010, 11:59 PM   #10
(female)

ArtyAussie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesweetlife View Post
I have a light sports massage weekly and every couple of months a hot stone massage - both are wonderful
oooh nice..I will have to look into it..get some nice massage regularly and cheaply.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:37 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeofglass View Post
Hot stone massage-wow, I wish I could afford that.
Yeah me too!! Any massage...lol

Closed Thread