It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
(female)

Madeofglass HB User
Don't know what to think

I'm just interested to hear your opinions on what causes fibro... they say it's a neurological disorder, but what about the flu-like symptoms (sore throat, light fever etc)? It does feel like our bodies are too weak and that's why all the diseases hit us with full power. I don't know. I'm confused. Could there actually be something wrong with our muscles as well? Or is it "all in our head".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Don't know what to think

personal opinion after years of watching and feeling my own body. i sense it coming from a fluke in my central nervous system, my brain and my immune system. i feel they are independant of each other and do their thing as they please within me. maybe one day my immune system says my turn, so i feel like i am coming down with the flu or a nasty cold. then another day my nervous system gets a missmessage from my brain saying your shin is broken so it hurts like crazy.
honestly i would like to see an answer found, but till then i just have to say, don't care how it started. just care how i care for me now. science may never catch up in my lifetime so it's up to me to do the best i can with what i have and not be freaked out by how it manifests or how it got there. it is what it is, so i work with that.
that i can do.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

BlueLakeLady said it best...

~Belle~

Old 04-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I have no idea what causes it - mine was triggered by a car accident - but why it triggered I have no idea - what I do know is that it is NOT in the mind - I had not had any health problems prior to this and at the moment I'm in daily pain which when I see the sports therapist she can feel the massive knots (and they're often in places where I haven't got as much pain but then referring it) so I know for sure it's not in my head - it's very REAL and I really wish it would go as quickly as it came!!! Dreaming of sunshine here.....

Old 04-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

Yea I wasn't implying that it's something mental, psychological. I don't believe it is. I'm not as depressed as I used to be-though I'm still depressed, and I'm sicker than ever. But neurological... just a central nervous system, pain signal-thing, I don't know.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I don't know either.................one day there will be answers

Old 04-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
(female)

lallerb HB User

BECAUSE it's the central nervous system means ALL the systems of our bodies are affected. What could be more central to our health than a healthy central nervous system?

Old 04-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I don't think any of us believe it is psychological. I have been one of the fortunate ones who don't have a depression problem. I agree with Blue and lallerb, it is central nervous system and when you have other issues like auto immune trouble, well anytime and anywhere on your body can decide to act up.

Glojer

Old 04-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

I don't quite know either, and I do like bluelakelady's take on it. All I know is my family seems plagued with spinal defects. My brother and I both have a very narrow spinal canal. We suspect the same of my sister. It doesn't take a horrific crash or much of a disc bulge or inflammation before we have serious problems. My cousin is missing half her cerebellum and she has a lymphoma in her spinal canal. Another cousin died of scleroderma at a young age. Another has all her organs backwards; i.e., her heart isn't where it ought to be. One cousin had to have braces due to scoliosis; I have scoliosis that was brought on by an accident. Another cousin was born with it. (I keep asking if there was any intermarrying going on in our family history or what the heck is the deal, but who knows--we're obviously a mess and my husband really should have checked my teeth before he married me like his grandpa said. ) Oh, and all of my siblings share my propensity to have sore throats often and to have rhinitis Oct-Mar.

Last edited by baserockermom; 04-04-2010 at 08:29 AM.

Closed Thread