It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 03:05 AM   #1
(female)

Madeofglass HB User
Worrying again..

They say fibromyalgia won't kill you, however I just read that Chronic Fatigue Syndrome can actually be fatal with severe complications, and can even lead to cancer. It can also be progressive. I don't know whether I have CFS, but I'm exhausted all the time and gotta take a one-hour nap every day. If I don't do that, I pretty much lie on the couch watching TV rest of the day. Besides FM and CFS usually go hand-in-hand. So should I be worried?

Old 04-06-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Worrying again..

I don't know where you read this but it's pointless to worry about it. So many things in every day life can cause cancer. If we focused on that we'd be sitting in a sterile room every day.

I bottom out and have to nap darn near every day too. I'd be happy if it were only 1 hr. I'm toast without at least 2 hrs. Usually around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I've accepted that it's just all part of the FM, none of my Drs have indicated that I have CF too.

Try to focus on the things you can do to help yourself feel better. If a nap is one of them have sweet dreams.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

Don't worry..you're making yourself more tired with worry. I've not heard of CFS causing anything except tiredness and that I am. I think I live on the couch..you're not alone with this terrible illiness and again don't worry..

Take Care.

~Belle~

Old 04-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

Thanks for your posts. It's kind of hard not to worry when Internet is the only source of information when it comes to FMS and CFS.. Doctors never tell you anything.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I agree it's hard not to worry - the internet is both our friend and foe - this board I think really helps to give a really balanced view based on real experiences - by far the best. In many ways we're the "experts" as one of us will have been there, seen it, done that and got the t shirt - however I'm the first one at the drs if there's something I'm concerned about as I need to know what if anything I'm dealing with - worry is my achilees heel and I've learnt the more I worry the worse something becomes - so I find out the facts and move on....took a while to get there..............

Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
(female)

wcdpepsimom HB User

I was diagnosed with fibro 14yrs ago and several 'overlapping' issues since. Lately, tho, I have tremors (inside & out). Does anyone else with fibro have tremors? I've never seen tremors listed as a symptom of fibro.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

I have hand tremors..my Doctor said I have 'essential tremors' they're supposed to be harmless and Ativan stops them.

My body jerks and twists too

Talk to your Doctor about them. Fibro brings on so many symptoms that we don't know whats what and that is why we live in Doctor's Offices

Take Care

~Belle~

Old 04-09-2010, 06:52 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

my auntie has cfs. she has had it for over 20 years. she's healthy as a horse except for the cfs. the internet is full of stuff.
i also nap every day. usually 1 to 2 hours in the morning and another hour or two in the afternoon. i have more evening energy if i take my naps.
relax and remember to breath slow and deep.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 04-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
(female)

Twinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB UserTwinkie50 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeofglass View Post
They say fibromyalgia won't kill you, however I just read that Chronic Fatigue Syndrome can actually be fatal with severe complications, and can even lead to cancer. It can also be progressive. I don't know whether I have CFS, but I'm exhausted all the time and gotta take a one-hour nap every day. If I don't do that, I pretty much lie on the couch watching TV rest of the day. Besides FM and CFS usually go hand-in-hand. So should I be worried?
I have NO IDEA where you read CFS can cause cancer??? There is absolutely NO evidence of that. Same with Fibromyalgia. There has been no scientific evidence of CFS or FM causing permanent type damage, cancer or be fatal. Where did you read that?

Old 04-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #10
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

There was this video about a woman named Sophia who died at the age 32, and her main cause of death was M.E. (CFS I assume). About that site.. well it was a Finnish one and it said that "CFS usually isn't fatal, but there can be severe complications.." But I guess you if you have a mild form of CFS there's not much to worry about..

Btw, does anyone know why so many women with Fibromyalgia have to go through hysterectomy?? My distant relative also had to have one done and she has FM..

Closed Thread