It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User
Question Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda

HI all, Hope the spring has arrived for you - we keep getting little teasers of it, then it clouds over/rains again......Do any of you take/have you heard of people taking apple cider vinegar and baking soda (or bicarbonate of soda) to relieve FM pain - my sports therapist was saying she'd read it somewhere and has mislaid the article - sounds revolting but it can't taste worse than FM pain feels.....

Old 04-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

millpark26 HB User
Re: Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda

Yes, I've heard of it. I've read that an overly acidic body contributes to a painful body. The ACV mixture is supposed to bring your body to a more neutral PH, thus reducing pain levels. An internet search on the topic will bring more info, though. I've seen sites where people swear it helps. They clearly have nothing to gain promoting something that's readily available. But, you have to get the right ACV. It has to be the organic, unfiltered variety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Thanks Millpark - that fits with my philosophy that being overly acidic can equal more pain - I drink alkaline water and eat lots of alkaline foods - so this may give me that breakthrough - I test with PH strips and am slightly alkalne as opposed to being acidic which I was before so this may move me to being more alkaline (along with cutting out sweet stuff which is my biggest challenge - but with spring in the air that will help I'm sure) Will do some surfing on this tomorrow

Old 04-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Johna HB User

Hey, if you try it please let me know if it works. I wonder if there is anyway one could dull their taste bud while they are drinking this mixer.

Take care,
Johna

Old 04-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I bought a huge bottle of apple cider vinegar but after I got it home, I couldn't go through with it. I just heard it's good for your immune system. It just smells so horrible, how could anyone drink it? And I heard honey will help you sleep naturally, so I took a tsp of that, vomitted, and did not sleep until I took my sleeping pill. I also tried melatonin for the sleep, joke, I think my brain is a junkie on ambien. I also tried garlic pills. None of this was really helpful for me. However I used that stinky vinegar in my hair and it really relieved the dryness. My last urine PH test was alkaline 7.5, I still hurt. I don't know if I believe that stuff where they say you can't be sick if your body is alkaline, actually I know I don't.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Hello All,

I've not heard of the Baking soda with the Apple cider vinegar. Although i have heard of the Manuka honey and Apple Cider vinegar. i just need to find the Manuka honey in a store. Can't remember all at this time sorry, this type of honey is what i will try when i find it, seems to be good stuff with the Apple Cider vinegar. Appears to be very beneficial. Maybe others have tried this, i have not but am willing to once i find the Manuka honey.

Be Well
BeHappy2

Old 04-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Hey, it's not much apple cider vinegar, but it tastes great -- broccoli salad. 2 heads broccoli, 1/2 lb cooked/crumbled bacon, 1/2 purple onion (chopped), 1 cup regular mayo, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar,1/2 cup sugar, 1 pkg chicken-flavored ramon noodles. Whisk mayo, vinegar, sugar. Fork in uncooked noodles. Mix in bacon, onion, broccoli. Chill.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:03 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sounds much more inviting than just the 2 ingredients (which I'm yet to try!)

Closed Thread