It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

zambuca HB User
Unhappy Hot Spots on Legs

When I go to bed at night both my shins feel as though they are on fire, right up the front to my knees. My right ankle feels swollen but doest look it. If i touch my legs they don't feel hot on the outside but burning up on the inside. I don't have any pain and no obviouse discolouring or swelling............Just darn hot, i hang them out of the bed to try and cool them off. I have a bed that I can adjust by putting the matress up so the legs are higher. I just want someone to try and tell me what they think this condition may be and what I can do to get cool legs. Also this winter (know it was exceptionaly cold), but i couldn't get my feet warm come what may until i went to bed. I don't know if this is realated to the hot spots in my legs. I also feel as though i have something running inside my legs like spider or creepy crawlers but that doesn' last long, just the hot legs, their driving me mad. Anyone else with this sort of symptoms. Bloodpressure normal as far as I know I don't have any majore problems.
Would be greatful for any suggestions. THANKS:

Old 04-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Hot Spots on Legs

sorry to take so long to reply to your query. when it started for me my doc said restless leg syndrome. she also said in time it would heal and leave me. she was right, i am happy to say. didn't believe her for years but now i have to as it is mostly gone.
i also have a bit of neropathy in my right foot, not sure how that happened. i do still get the occasional burning sensations and the bugs under my skin. i took neurontin for ten years and went off it about 9 months ago, not clear on the time. the neurontin helped, not as much as the quinine did at first. went allergic to the quinine, ergo the change. quit neurontin by choice. wanted to see if i still needed it. i don't!
be sure you talk to your doctor about this.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread