It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
(female)

SAHMof2 HB User
Unhappy Ribs are Killing me.

I just gotta Whine a minute. My Costo chrondritis is flared up again and my ribs are screaming. I actually thought my Stomach was hurting but it's actually the ends of my ribs. I'm getting over pneumonia so all the coughing hasn't helped this any either. Tylenol doesn't seem to even help. I am so ready for this to go Away.
Thanks for letting me whine
Mom to an Angel in heaven

Fibromylgia, Costo-Chrondritis, IBS, Hypothyroid,
G.E.R.D, Contact Dermatitis,

Old 04-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User
Re: Ribs are Killing me.

sahm02, I'm dealing with the same kind of thing, stirred up from an abdominal injury/surgery I think. I'm awaiting mri results. The first time I got it was in 2006 after a couple of months of coughing. Have you tried axsain or capsiacin? If by some fortunate chance, the pain is intercostal neuralgia instead of costochondritis, then axsain or capsiacin might help--the pain for both is similar. Just make sure you use gloves if you use that med. I use a long wand sponge so I don't get it on my hands and so I can apply it all the way around to the upper back. This time it isn't working for me, but when it occurred after all that coughing, it did help. Axsain has 2.5 of the med; capsiacin, not nearly as much. Bali has also put out a new bra that has a wider, softer band (no wire). 92 3232 is the number on the band. I've not been able to wear a bra without tears for the last 15 weeks until I got this one.

Sorry your ribs are killing you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Mine's bad too at the moment - I think my body is in major rebellion with an onslaught of cold and rain for the last 6 months - it's getting warmer at last so I'm hoping i'll be pain free soon (well when I say pain free I mean not in a flair as there is always pain with fibro!) I've found my sports bra is the best - my others al have wire in - or like you I have to get without - bliss.....

Old 04-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
(female)

SAHMof2 HB User

Thanks for the suggestions. I've used Icy Hot before but it's just to..Hot or something lol. I'll try the capsasion and see if it helps
Mom to an Angel in heaven

Fibromylgia, Costo-Chrondritis, IBS, Hypothyroid,
G.E.R.D, Contact Dermatitis,

Closed Thread