It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
(female)

Madeofglass HB User
Early menopause and FM

Are fibromyalgia and early menopause somehow related to each other? I checked the list of symptoms and it seems I have a lot of those too. This month my period is two weeks late already, and last month it was late too. I'll turn 22 this year. No chance of pregnancy.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Early menopause and FM

i was the same age as you when i started perimenopause. at 29 i had a hyserectomy. i don't know if they are related. i say this because i had the best 10 years of perfect health and tons of energy after the hysterectomy. talk about freedom!
i was 40 when my health began to change and all these goodies came stomping into my life. i also hit perimenopause again for a short bit then full blown menopause, which was an easy experience for me. love hot flashes. i really do. they trip me out.
probably a good idea to get a woman gyn to see, and talk to her. always good to make sure all is well inside. wow, you brought up stuff i thought i had forgotten. what a trip. i suggest a woman because the first thing most male docs will say is, you're too young for menopause. one of my daughters went thru that. we got her a new doc. same for me back then, tho i did find the rare male doc.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
(female)

Madeofglass HB User
Re: Early menopause and FM

I'm not too interested in having children, so I guess I don't really care when it comes to that. I just found it fascinating how I had almost every menopause symptom-I'm sweating right now as we speak. I've started to bleed though, not heavily but still.

Closed Thread