It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
(male)

Mikeyson3 HB User
anxiety/depression,etc a result of the pain,etc from fibro or

or is it all one thing.. i guess meaning would someone with fibro not experience the mental aspects until a bit of time after all the pain/tightness/weakness/etc due to frustration/anger/etc or is it all one condition where off the bat you are fair game for both the physical and mental aspects of it?

thanks

Old 04-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User
Re: anxiety/depression,etc a result of the pain,etc from fibro or

Hi Mikeyson3 and welcome. I'm not sure I understand your question - I think what you're asking does everyone with fibro have both mental and physical aspects of fibro. I have the fibro pain etc (so the physical aspects) but no anxiety or depression. I get p....d off sometimes that I can't lead the life I used to, but for 99% of the time I'm really positive and optimistic (which is more than a lot of my friends who don't have fibro!!) I think it's natural to go through phases when we get "down" who wouldn't with the pain we endure but I think at those times it's really important to do lots of positive thinking etc and surround yourself with people who can help pick you up again - wishing a pain/anxious free day...........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
(male)

Mikeyson3 HB User

Thank you

That is sort of what i was asking, more so i was assuming everyone had both (trying to rule it out for me) because i have all the physical traits, but no real constant depression/anxiety, just good days and bad days emotionally id say and it has only improved over time.. So you did answer my question, it seems like the mental portion is a result of the physical portion, and everyone copes with it differently (and im sure the degree of pain,etc always impacts it greatly)..

appreciate it

Old 04-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

no depression here or anxiety. been playing with fibro for 14 years. sure i freaked out in the beginning. most of us do. honestly i think i am happier now than i was healthy. pain has taught me much and gifted me with the strong ability to laugh at me and my body.
there are a few of us here who are fortunate and do not know the hades of depression, nor the hyperstress of anxiety.
peace,
bluelakelady
ps. hey you're new! welcome welcome! may you find all you seek.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

I believe that if you don't have anxiety/depression before the onset of Fibro then the frustration of going from one doctor to another and not knowing whats going on with your body will gradually bring it on...

Just my thoughts..

Take Care..

~Belle~

Old 04-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

for sure belle,
that's why i got a shrink to help me thru those years of searching and frustrations. so i would not go where i knew i could end up without a guide to show me new ways to cope in my new ever changing body. the thought of becomming depressed scared the heck out of me. so i thought if i start now maybe i can skip that aspect of fibro, should it decide to manifest within me. for myself it was a wise choice.
i learned to speak freely, honestly and lovingly outside of a therapy room and to myself.
peace,
blue

Old 04-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
(male)

Mikeyson3 HB User

sorry for the late response, thank you for the welcomes and responses

i actually just got my 1st round of prolotherapy on my left cervical spine and it has responded very well.. (getting the right done in a week and then to the thoracic spine, among some others i believe)

so that may rule out fibro for me since some say if you have fibro, prolotherapy will not work, though some say it will (i believe my doctor was leaning towards saying it probably would not work if i indeed had fibro, an honest doctor for a change)

ill say this about prolo, make sure your doc uses a fluoroscope cause from what i hear the docs that dont can really really mess you up(like that clown dr hauser who has youtube videos of injections-i feel so bad for his patients).. mine used the scope, was very precise/took his time and numbed it with lidocaine, i had absolutely no pain during the 25-30min procedure/injections w/e you wanna call it and the soreness was extremely bearable, much more bearable than muscle tightness/nerve pain..

Last edited by Mikeyson3; 04-24-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

... I'm glad you're feeling better..

~Belle~

Closed Thread