It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
(female)

pat7521 HB User
lyrica

what are the alternatives to lyrica?
i have fibromyalgia and have tried lyrica which did nothing for me except
make me gain weight. and did not help at all with the pain, not to mention the high cost of the drug, please help

Old 04-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: lyrica

welcome to the boards pat!
i tried lyrica for 3 days. i decided to use meditation, massage, exercise and diet instead. i have daily pain and most of the time i can be cool with that. when it flares up hard i remind myself constantly that it will end. it always does.
you would have to speak to your doctor about alternative drugs. i told mine i am not open to trying anything else.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
(female)

Julesie HB User
Re: lyrica

I have CRPS and I don't have the luxury of stopping Lyrica. I was on gapapentin and it affected me so bad mentally that I now know what it feels like to have cognitive rehab. But, Lyrica has affected my short term memory so bad that I need to find an alternative. badly! Weight gain OMG I wish that was my main problem. I have been on the drug for 3+ yrs. My nerve pain is INTENSE. If I miss a dose within hours I am feeling like I have a hive of bee's attacking my foot. (putting it mildly) But, if anyone knows of a drug that works on nerves other then Neurontin and Lyrica please let me know.
Thank you.

Closed Thread