It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
(female)

sugarmama40 HB User
Fibromyalgia and the Flu-PAINFUL!

Never have I had such body aches with the simple flu. My body feels like dead weight. Pain meds (ibro and tylonol) of no relief. Anyone out there know of what relieves the pain? Thank you

Last edited by sugarmama40; 04-22-2010 at 03:43 PM.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
(female)

Wootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB User
Re: Fibromyalgia and the Flu-PAINFUL!

I've been going through some major mouth pain in the past few months. The doctor's given me two new prescriptions that help everything but the pain. I finally gave up this week and bought over the counter tylenol 1 - it has codeine in it and caffiene. I shouldn't take either; codeine makes me itch, constipated, and I sometimes get a rash; caffiene makes my blood pressure go up among other things. But taking these two of these pills every 5 or 6 hours are keeping the pain down to a dull roar instead of raging, screetching pain and I can focus on life again. I don't know why caffiene is added-perhaps it makes the codeine kick in faster. At this point I don't care; I tried living with the pain that intense and it just sucks the life out of me. I have stewed prunes, laxative tea and good body creams for the itching, which curiously hasn't started yet.

All that to say, perhaps tylenol 1 would work for you too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

You're right about the caffeine - it ensures whatever it is mixed with gets into your system quicker - you might need to be careful it doesn't prevent you from sleeping (I have no idea of the quantities of caffeine that are in it) Glad it's helping - is there a similair product with just the codeine in so you can keep your blood pressure down but get the pain relief too?

Old 04-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi sugar,
time.
i had the flu 3 years ago. it blew my mind too. intense. thankfully it was a 24 hour bug, tho i was worn out for a week after. i did something stupid. i got so cold my friend stoked up the fire and then i put my heating pad under my head and passed out. i still have the scar from that to remind me never do that again.
drink water so you have something to vomit up and drink plenty of water after the vomiting stops. you may get more dehydrated than a healty person would so fluids are critical to healing and restoring the balance.
peace,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread