It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
(female)

Robynnblue HB User
painful spasms

I just read the full list of Fibro symptoms on here, and I'm very bothered by the fact that nowhere on the list did I see it mention muscle spasms or cramps. I have been suffering for 2 solid months with spasms in my legs, some weakness, and a lot of burning. But the spasms are the worst, and I also didnt see anything about muscle cramps or stiffness. I was told by several doctors and other Fibro patients that these symptoms are very much apart of Fibro. So why arent they on this list? It appears to be a very well researched list so why would they not be on there. It makes me feel a little scared and in question of my docs and my diagnosis. I ldont need this extra stress of uncertainty, I've have been suffering for quite some time and could really use some reassurance of my symptoms and that its ok to trust what I was told. I have several of the other symptoms on the list as well but it would have made my day to see my main symptoms on this list as well. Can anyone please reassure me that I can leg muscle pain and spasms in my legs with Fibromyalgia. I dont want to return to limboland with more mystery symptoms. And I dont want to keep hounding my docs. I worry I am so close to being discharged from the pratice. Please Help. Take Care

Old 04-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
(female)

CS7 HB User
Re: painful spasms

Yes, muscle cramps are very much a part of fibro. I suffer from them frequently. I hate the ones in the belly muscles if I bend over or twist to get something. I have found the using some over the counter remedies that contain quinine will help a lot. So will drinking pickle juice, yes, really - pickle juice, or my dad uses straight vinegar (YUCK!). I also have muscle twitches that have worsened and I tend to drop things I am holding. You can have pain anywhere with fibro. It sucks and hopefully if you have a good doc, you can get a modicum of relief. Keep reading and you will find so much more than you ever wanted to know.

cs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread