It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
(female)

bjwendy HB User
Is this a symptom of fibro

I been having terrible pain in my arms. The muscles ache so bad and have like sharp pains in them. I cannot hardly lift a glass with my left arm, feels like the muscles are in tight knots. I also have rls and of a night the muscles in the calf of my legs just go into knots. I can't even lay in the bed. The muscles just bulge out. I try massaging them and even sometimes have spasms in bottom of feet. Is this all related to fibro? Please give me some advice to what is going on.

The following user gives a hug of support to bjwendy:
tireequeen (01-05-2012)
Old 04-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
(female)

mindy1974 HB User
Re: Is this a symptom of fibro

hi doll! yes that is what i hear from my fibro friends!.. im so sorry that is happening. my friend got it really bad, the doc had her eat 2 full bananas as soon as she woke up, also she got i the water and stretched until the mussels unlocked. also she gave up all caffein, her doc said it greatly increased the mussel spasms. this will pass!!! hang in there my dear, your not alone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
(female)

tireequeen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwendy View Post
I been having terrible pain in my arms. The muscles ache so bad and have like sharp pains in them. I cannot hardly lift a glass with my left arm, feels like the muscles are in tight knots. I also have rls and of a night the muscles in the calf of my legs just go into knots. I can't even lay in the bed. The muscles just bulge out. I try massaging them and even sometimes have spasms in bottom of feet. Is this all related to fibro? Please give me some advice to what is going on.
yes spasms are a part of fibromyalgia specially on the feet,it got to the stage i had to inform my own Dr of that,

Old 01-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
(female)

ataylo20 HB User

I relate everything to fibro.eye problems, leg spasms, rls, gastro problems, weight gain, dryness, pain in hands , thumb pain everything. Now I think I have shingles. Has anyone else had this?

Old 01-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Welcome
Fibro sucks, just have to learn how to control it. Please tell your doctor what problems you are having so they can help... I get spasms but think they are pretty mild, just annoying.

Ataylo- if you think you have Shingles, please see your doctor. I have noticed it seems to be pretty common right now... Although fibro has many symptoms & things that go hand in hand, it's not always fibro. Fibro is jut easy to blaim much of the time...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 01-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

welcome...yes i get sharp shooting stabbing pain, massage is the only thing thats helps..and i mean massage deep down it hurts like crazy and can leave bruises but thats at least what i need to be able to move my arm, shoulder again...try massaging your lower back like waaaay down into the tail bone area..you'll feel the tingling pain down into your legs...at least for me when i started massaging that area my RLS stops but when the painful tingling numbness starts up i know those muscle are tight again.

hugs Monalisa....

Closed Thread