It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
lower back pain {spine}

does anyone have really bad back pain like you pulled it out specially in the spine? if i touch my spine i feel pain. when the dr did the exam i had the same pain. right now i'm having a flare it's been a while. I've also have had burning in my legs.

am i the one one?

Old 05-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User
Re: lower back pain {spine}

Me too - have it at the moment - horrible! I've got heat patches on me where I think the source is and that helps - as does walking/stretching

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2010, 07:33 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

i do but mine is related to damaged discs. found out when i had an mri of the spine that there is a reason for the pain, tingling, numbness. doing massage therapy and spinal injections to reduce inflamation.
consider asking your doc for an mri just to be sure it is fibro and nothing else. i went a long time thinking it was fibro. now i realize i have to face surgery one day. not yet.
always best to know who is causing the pain.
peace,
blue

Old 05-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

I do too, but have a history of spine probles..DDD, herniations, and so on. Im flaring too right now. For some reason I have been flaring alot lkately and dont know why.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

ok glad to know it's just not me. my back has been killing me. and my legs have been burning this usually happens when i'm going to get my period. i hope everyone feels better soon.

oh the only time i'm feeling no pain is when i'm laying down with lots of pilliows and ice packs.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

My pain is low back about 1 inch from bottom of spine and it feels like a severe toothache...its terrible...can it be Arthritis?...I know MRI showed some arthritis but can SOME be this painful..

I keep pain patches on ..

I decided to call Pain Management and I made an appointment...guess what? I felt better....so good in fact that I cancelled the Appt. ....GUESS WHAT NOW?? the instant I cancelled the Appt my pain came back..

There is no winning for losing.

Good happy thoughts going out to all

~Belle~

Old 05-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
(female)

nativetx HB User

I have had back pains since 1992. Now I can not stand up more than 10 minutes without severe pain. I had a mri in Feb, it showed just two slightly bulging disc.
Thank God for my rheumy, she sent me to get an upright mri. She said if you're not in much pain laying down then the regular mri (laying down) doesn't always show all the problems.
My upright mri showed several bulging disc, one really bad, crumbling and leaking. Also showed osteoarthritis and bone spurs. And a couple other issues that I can't remember right now.

so please ask your dr to send you to get an upright mri if you are feeling pain while standing or sitting. After 18 yrs of pain, I am finally getting some help.
The cost was pretty much the same.

Last edited by nativetx; 05-03-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Closed Thread