It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

Madeofglass HB User
S-CK and Fibro

I had some bloodtests done to rule out thyroid problems, muscle diseases and other stuff I'm too tired to mention. Everything was normal, except something called "S-CK". My result was 347, and it should be within the range 35-210, since I'm 21 and a female. I haven't had any accidents, so there shouldn't be any damage to my muscles. What could this indicate? I have fibromyalgia, but sometimes I'm just not sure.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User
Re: S-CK and Fibro

Never heard of it - what did the drs say?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

The doctor said that one test doesn't imply that I could have a muscle disease, but if it stays elevated, I should probably get more tests done. I was just wondering if this is a fibro-thing? if in fact fibromyalgia does show in some test.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Don't know what the 'S' is for, but your CK level is creatinine kinase. CK is the enzyme level in your muscles and indicates inflammation in the muscles. My hubby has to get his CK level checked regularly, because he has a disease called dermatomyositis. This muscle inflammation disease came from his cancer, which can happen with us old farts. There is an auto immune problem called polymyosites, which just means inflammation in many muscles.

None of this is to say you have one of these diseases, please don't think I am trying to alarm you. Your CK level would be like my hubbys, at 770 when he was diagnosed. If you trust your doc, listen to him. You may just have some inflammation that will take care of itself.

Glojer

Old 05-02-2010, 01:53 AM   #5
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

Gosh I didn't sleep at all last night, I was in so much pain. I just find it to be a weird coincidence that here I am in a lot of pain and now my CK-level is up. I don't know what the "S" stands for either. Maybe in my country they just mark it in a different way.

Closed Thread