It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
pain and upper back, etc

lately i have been having those vivid dreams waking up in panic. now there just vivid no panic thank god. but they frazzle me, and today i didn't get much sleep my neck upper back shoulder blades feel like they have kinks in them sorta pulls anyone else feel that way? and also my stomach always bothering me stomach cramping, abdominal pain. i know these are symtoms there on the offical website. but do any of you have this? how do you deal with it? If it's not one thing it's the other it was my lower back now it's my upper back.

Also it got really humid and warm and i felt so much better. now it's rainy and I seem to be in another flare, with Anxiety on top of that.

hope everyone is doing ok.

Last edited by SnowBunny89; 05-09-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: pain and upper back, etc

Yeah I have had that pulling pain from my thoracic spine going all the way up into my cheek, it hurts my chest, and I have been through physical therapy twice. Still it won't heal. It's either a muscle that won't heal or something going on with my spine. I'm guessing it's a muscle but my doctor hasn't done an MRI to see.

Well PT was very helpful but it did not fix my problem. However spinal exercise daily can really help reduce the pain. The more I lay around the worse this stupid little problem gets. You might try looking online for videos showing some upper back pain exercises. My PT also iced it for me 20 min 3 times a week and I did that at home whenever I could.

My back pain radiates into my neck, causes a problem like TMJ pain, and gives me migranes, I was puking a week ago from it.

I also have tummy pain (upper middle), my gastro thinks I gave myself an ulcer but I think it's either gastritis or my bowels. And yeah that can cause upper back pain.

Do you have acid reflux disease or any bowel disorder. Maybe you could see if acid pills would help clear up the tummy pain? You can get prevacid over the counter now, it's good stuff. You might try some mylanta incase it's bowel pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

snowbunny, I too have the neck and upper back pain. Always very stiff and sore across my shoulders and neck. Like you say sometimes it feels like pulling. I use muscle relaxers (baclofen) and when it gets too bad I take extra. One thing I notice when my neck and shoulders are especially bad is that I am scrunching my shoulders up all the time. I mean I sit and walk and have them scrunched up, I don't realize I am doing it. So what I have to do is relax and take deep breathes and let myself relax and get my shoulders down. Any kind of massage is also great, professional or the chair one or even hand held if you can get someone to do it for you. Also I have a neck thing I can warm in the microwave, it helps also.

I know how you feel, just hang in there.
Glojer

Old 05-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

thanks for repyling. my stomach has been hurting lately cramping feels like a muscle strain. i'm using ice packs now which seems to be helping. my back hurts too as usual. those are worst for me.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I think we try so hard to keep moving, but sometimes we have to move in unusual ways because of our other hurting muscles. This causes us strains and pulls in places we would never want them.

Glojer

Closed Thread