It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

Madeofglass HB User
Oxygen hunger and need for exercise

I find it strange how my body is begging me to do some sort of exercise, even if it's yoga, pilates or just improvising something. If I don't do anything for a day, I feel so stiff and uncomfortable. I also experience oxygen hunger if I stay inside all day and just sit or lie on a couch.. Even when I try opening windows it's still there. I think I've seen that listed as a fibro symptom, but I don't know how common it is. It can even cause anxiety when I would much rather sleep than go out and breathe fresh air.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Oxygen hunger and need for exercise

It's true, many people with fibromyalgia find that they really NEED exercise every single day. I am certainly one of them. In fact, I find I feel the best when I get some activity spread throughout the day. I recently found myself unable to exercise for a few days due to another illness, and the fibro flared.

Best thing to do is just make the time for some activity every single day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

If I don't exercise I hurt even more

Old 05-17-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

on those days my body wants to lie about and rest but the body also needs to move i do short walks, 1 to 5 minutes and pop back in bed to do my breathing meditations.
between exercise and massage and breathing i do pretty good. miss one and watch out.
soon i will be out on the lake in my kayak and swimming. those are my favorites.
peace and breath,
blue

Old 05-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
(female)

Wootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB User

Agreed, excercise is essential to controlling fibro-pain issues. And even probably more other fibro issues than we realize.

Closed Thread