It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
(female)

zipster HB User
health anxiety?

Does anyone get health anxiety if they get a new symptom? My aunt died 2 week ago and i started getting new symptoms,left back pain,underarm pain,side pain and hip pain,nausea,diarrhea and i cant accept its anxiety and new fibro symptoms.I keep thinking i have something else wrong i.e cancer i feel like i need reassurance all the time.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: health anxiety?

Well, feeling anxious when you are experiencing new pain is not unusual. In particular, if you start to get a new, severe, persistent pain in one spot, that could be a reason for worry. However, pains that are moving around all over your body could easily be part of the FMS.

I know it's rough, especially with losing someone. Hang in there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2010, 06:40 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: health anxiety?

hi,
i used to and it almost drove me batty. now i do my thing and i wait one week. if the problem is still there i get it checked out. i also have blood work done every 6 months to make sure everything is working. alot of blood work!!
looking back i often think it was my fear of having fibro the rest of my life that sorta shoved me into wanting it to be fixable, so each new symptom might be something fixable even tho it might be worse than fibro. in hindsight i see i was not overreacting, just reacting to the fear of my own unknown future.
any time you feel there is something not right it is worth having it checked out if only for your peace of mind.
peace,
blue
ps. the loss of someone you love can open the door to a flare. i am sorry you lost your auntie. aunties are special people.

Last edited by bluelakelady; 05-12-2010 at 06:42 AM.

Closed Thread