It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User
Rhuematoid Factors

My Dr. office just called and said my blood test results for rheumatoid arthritis was abnormal. The count was 32. Does anyone know what this means? I read some info that said people with fibro can have abnormal RA counts. How many of you have this? Do I need to start worrying about this now too? I do have an appointment with my rhuemetologist next week, it was my neurologist that did the test. Answers PLEASE.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
(female)

seantal HB Userseantal HB User
Re: Rhuematoid Factors

Anything greater than 20 is considered "positive". I am not sure how high 32 actually is. I have a co-worker who's levels were 25 and when she saw the rhuematologist she was informed she did not have rheumatoid arthritis and that laboratory technologists sometimes have a "low" abnormal result with auto immune testing ( we are exposed to all sorts of aerosols and physicians think that this may contribute to those abnormal results).

You will have to see what the rheumatologist says about how "abnormal" your levels really are.

Chantal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: Rhuematoid Factors

I have found it is best to get your copy of all test results before your next appointment. I always call at place of where i had the test done and they have the results for me to pick up . If you can't drive to get them, have them mail to you. Best to always have your results of any tests.

Your results will show the normal levels at where they should be and where they are now. Best to have these to prepare and discuss with your doc.
I write down notes to what i want to ask. This helps alot for an appointment.

Be Well
BeHappy2

Closed Thread