It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

LisaTribble HB User
Vitamin D Deficiency

I am having major problems with aching all over. I went to the rheumatologist and all the blood work that was abnormal at my GP was normal there. (I had a positive ANA, High Uric Acid, High CPR, etc...)
They did find I had a Vitamin D deficiency. Mine was 8. They have told me it can cause pain all over the body was just wondering what others though about this. I am currently taking 50,000 units twice a week.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User
Re: Vitamin D Deficiency

Mine was a 13 and I took the same dosage only once a week for three months and now 1 a month. It can cause many things to go wrong. Aching, tired, confusion and just an overall not feeling well. I did not see any signifigant change in my Fibro problems though. I do have a bit more more energy and that's about it. Hope you feel better soon.
Cat ;0)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
(female)

harrison80 HB User

I am going through the same thing right now. I have been dealing with widespread pain for over two years. I was finally referred to a rheumatologist and had my initial consultation a month ago. All blood work and xrays came back fine except my vitamin d level. Which was a 12. I am taking 50,000 units once a week for twelve weeks. I went back to the rheumatologist today and she suggested that I may have fibromyalgia. She was hesitant to use the term though. She said that for now we would just call it myofascial pain. I have also been referred for a sleep study to rule out any issues there. Did anyone else go through this when originally being diagnose with fibro?

Old 05-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi harrison,
welcome to the boards. i had the sleep study done as well as a million blood tests, just kidding. felt like it, giggle. sounds like your doc is making sure everything else is healthy. good idea to go thru it all. peace of mind at the end or an answer you can work with.
peace,
bluelakelady
ps vit D levels are fine in me. darn it! giggle. hope it helps you feel better.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
(female)

paris2006 HB User

hi can anyone tell me if any cancers cause all over body pain

Old 05-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
(female)

LisaTribble HB User

I have had sleep studies before also. They told me I had it but not bad enough to constitute using a CPAP machine just yet. In reading all these posts it makes me a little concerned that my Vitamin D was an 8, that just sounds really low. Should I be more concerned that I am?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

I would question why your doctor did not suggest supliments for you. It is a low count and should be considered. Hope all goes well.
Low pain all,
Cat ;0)

Closed Thread