It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

sandi hogan HB User
fibro with hand and feet pain

im a very very very busy mother of 8 and lately its been hard to pick up my 5 month old cause the pain in my hands is so bad. mostly in the mornings. my feet hurt real bad too but once i get started it gets better. im trying this new thing a friend suggested. its called Turmeric Root Extract. its for inflamation. anyone heard of it and did it work for you?

Old 05-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Sensitivo HB UserSensitivo HB User
Re: fibro with hand and feet pain

I tried turmeric for the pain and inflammation of arthritis -- particularly in my hands and feet. It didn't seem to help much. What does seem to have helped is a herbal product called Zyflamend (recommended by my naturopath). It contains turmeric, and several other ingredients such as Holy Basil, Ginger, Green Tea, Rosemary, Hu Zhang, Chinese Goldthread and Barberry, Oregano and Baikal Skullcap. If you're interested, there is quite a bit of information about Zyflamend on the internet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
(female)

cherdox57 HB Usercherdox57 HB Usercherdox57 HB User
Re: fibro with hand and feet pain

I wake up every morning and my hands are totally swollen sometimes where I cannot close them. My fingers ache and hurt. Have have more nerve pain than anything throughout my body. Went to pain doc and he said he felt it was carpal tunnel. Did an EMG and that showed there was a nerve problem but when I went to the hand surgeon he said it was not carpal tunnel. He gave me a shot in the wrist and I thought I was going to go thru the ceiling the pain was so bad. I asked is this normal and he said he never saw a reaction like mine before. Since the injection did not help that showed that it was not carpal tunnel. Now I have had fibro for 10 years but this hand thing is pretty new. I am so fed up whenever I get some new symptom always choke it up to the fibro. Never can get any help or relief. My mornings are the worst and at least when I take my pain meds I get some relief and can get thru the day with another dose around 4:00 pm. Sometimes I dont know how I get from one day to the next but I am going to be a grandma in Nov and that has given me new motivation. I want to so be well when the baby comes.
Also have a thread having to do with pain in the mouth. That has been ongoing for a few years and thought it was my impacted wisdom tooth and now the oral surgeon is telling me it is not. I am so totally confused.

Closed Thread