It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User
Learn To Live With It

I was at a friends house last night and she said to me "I don't know how you do it. I hurt my knee and have been in pain for three days. I can't imagine having pain all the time". I responded "you learn to live with it". She replied "that's a pretty sh**y thing to learn to live with". I was sorry she was in pain, but glad she understood what I go through on a daily basis. She has always been understanding because her mother was crippled by MS although there were times she wanted me to go someplace with her and I had to decline and she would tell me to just shake it off. I think now she really "gets it".

Old 05-19-2010, 07:49 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Learn To Live With It

hi elle,
that's wonderful for you both. i say the same thing too. it is amazing what we can learn to live with and still be happy to be here. well said!
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Ditto Blue

Old 05-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

It's true, you really do learn to live with it. It took me years to get there, I cried and I raged and sometimes I whined like a little kid, but at this point, I really am OK with the pain. Most of the time, I barely even notice it, unless it becomes unusually bad.

Elle, I'm glad you are there to. There's so much more to life once you get past the stuff you can't change."

Old 05-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

It took me a while as well and there are still times It gets me down. However I am not going to let this rob me of my life, or rob my children of a mother. We recently went to The Atlantis Resort and "YES" I went down the slides.

I hope all of you find the strength both physically and mentally to put up the fight to win the war against this thing. ::

Closed Thread