It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
(female)

ladybug1951 HB User
Fibromyalgia

I'v had Fibromyalgia Now for about 9 Years. I Hurt so bad in my legs. they stay so sore and burn like fire. it makes it so hard to try to go to sleep at night . I Have ICS. Of the Bladder. which I have so much pain at all times. I have tryed not to take any meds for this as I have always tried to do it on my own But i think it's getting to the point that the pain is way to much. I have heard that the meds the doctors put you on dose a lot of harm to your body is this true? I have to take ambien at night and I take Flexeril for the sore muscles. but thats were I stop as I don't know if I want to take all the meds the doctors want to put me on. what do the doctors put everyone on the most ? could you please let me know .

Old 05-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Fibromyalgia

Well, it depends. There are a lot of different medicines used for fibromyalgia. I use nortriptyline, it helps with both pain and sleep. The effects aren't dramatic but they are noticeable.

What sorts of drugs have your doctors talked about?

Some of the fibromyalgia drugs can have nasty side effects, but those don't happen to everyone who takes them.

If you think your current treatment isn't working, it might be worth either adding a third drug or replacing one you are already taking. Being as this problem isn't immediately dangerous, you can read up on the drug before you start. Also, it's sometimes good to start at a pretty low dose, just to see what happens. The dose can be raised later if necessary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread